'Rockwell' pistol, first edition of the Book of Mormon stolen from Hurricane shop
HURRICANE — Police are asking for the public to help identify alleged thieves who made off with a fur coat, antique pistol, several items of jewelry and other valuable antiques.
Among the items missing from The Ugly Trailer Antique Store, in Hurricane, are a Porter Rockwell replica black powder Colt 1851 Navy model pistol and a first edition copy of the Book of Mormon. The pistol, which has the name "Rockwell" stamped on the trigger guard, was displayed in a wood case, along with the book and other items.
"We're asking the public to let us know if they hear anything about these stolen items or if they see these items," Hurricane Police Detective Sgt. Stacey Gubler said in a press release. "We are processing evidence and chasing several leads, but we also need the public's help."
Gubler said the burglary is a keen reminder that thieves are active during the holiday season.
"This time of year it gets cold and dark much earlier and there are fewer people on the streets," he said. "We all need to be more careful and aware of what's going on around us and to be sure and lock our cars and doors."
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Gubler at 435-635-9663, Ext. 4, or the police department's tip line at 435-635-7911. Anonymous tips can also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
— Wendy Leonard
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12