'Rockwell' pistol, first edition of the Book of Mormon stolen from Hurricane shop
HURRICANE — Police are asking for the public to help identify alleged thieves who made off with a fur coat, antique pistol, several items of jewelry and other valuable antiques.
Among the items missing from The Ugly Trailer Antique Store, in Hurricane, are a Porter Rockwell replica black powder Colt 1851 Navy model pistol and a first edition copy of the Book of Mormon. The pistol, which has the name "Rockwell" stamped on the trigger guard, was displayed in a wood case, along with the book and other items.
"We're asking the public to let us know if they hear anything about these stolen items or if they see these items," Hurricane Police Detective Sgt. Stacey Gubler said in a press release. "We are processing evidence and chasing several leads, but we also need the public's help."
Gubler said the burglary is a keen reminder that thieves are active during the holiday season.
"This time of year it gets cold and dark much earlier and there are fewer people on the streets," he said. "We all need to be more careful and aware of what's going on around us and to be sure and lock our cars and doors."
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Gubler at 435-635-9663, Ext. 4, or the police department's tip line at 435-635-7911. Anonymous tips can also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
— Wendy Leonard
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15