'Rockwell' pistol, first edition of the Book of Mormon stolen from Hurricane shop
HURRICANE — Police are asking for the public to help identify alleged thieves who made off with a fur coat, antique pistol, several items of jewelry and other valuable antiques.
Among the items missing from The Ugly Trailer Antique Store, in Hurricane, are a Porter Rockwell replica black powder Colt 1851 Navy model pistol and a first edition copy of the Book of Mormon. The pistol, which has the name "Rockwell" stamped on the trigger guard, was displayed in a wood case, along with the book and other items.
"We're asking the public to let us know if they hear anything about these stolen items or if they see these items," Hurricane Police Detective Sgt. Stacey Gubler said in a press release. "We are processing evidence and chasing several leads, but we also need the public's help."
Gubler said the burglary is a keen reminder that thieves are active during the holiday season.
"This time of year it gets cold and dark much earlier and there are fewer people on the streets," he said. "We all need to be more careful and aware of what's going on around us and to be sure and lock our cars and doors."
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Gubler at 435-635-9663, Ext. 4, or the police department's tip line at 435-635-7911. Anonymous tips can also be e-mailed to email@example.com
— Wendy Leonard
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 107
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 44
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36