'Rockwell' pistol, first edition of the Book of Mormon stolen from Hurricane shop
HURRICANE — Police are asking for the public to help identify alleged thieves who made off with a fur coat, antique pistol, several items of jewelry and other valuable antiques.
Among the items missing from The Ugly Trailer Antique Store, in Hurricane, are a Porter Rockwell replica black powder Colt 1851 Navy model pistol and a first edition copy of the Book of Mormon. The pistol, which has the name "Rockwell" stamped on the trigger guard, was displayed in a wood case, along with the book and other items.
"We're asking the public to let us know if they hear anything about these stolen items or if they see these items," Hurricane Police Detective Sgt. Stacey Gubler said in a press release. "We are processing evidence and chasing several leads, but we also need the public's help."
Gubler said the burglary is a keen reminder that thieves are active during the holiday season.
"This time of year it gets cold and dark much earlier and there are fewer people on the streets," he said. "We all need to be more careful and aware of what's going on around us and to be sure and lock our cars and doors."
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Gubler at 435-635-9663, Ext. 4, or the police department's tip line at 435-635-7911. Anonymous tips can also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
— Wendy Leonard
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12