'Rockwell' pistol, first edition of the Book of Mormon stolen from Hurricane shop
HURRICANE — Police are asking for the public to help identify alleged thieves who made off with a fur coat, antique pistol, several items of jewelry and other valuable antiques.
Among the items missing from The Ugly Trailer Antique Store, in Hurricane, are a Porter Rockwell replica black powder Colt 1851 Navy model pistol and a first edition copy of the Book of Mormon. The pistol, which has the name "Rockwell" stamped on the trigger guard, was displayed in a wood case, along with the book and other items.
"We're asking the public to let us know if they hear anything about these stolen items or if they see these items," Hurricane Police Detective Sgt. Stacey Gubler said in a press release. "We are processing evidence and chasing several leads, but we also need the public's help."
Gubler said the burglary is a keen reminder that thieves are active during the holiday season.
"This time of year it gets cold and dark much earlier and there are fewer people on the streets," he said. "We all need to be more careful and aware of what's going on around us and to be sure and lock our cars and doors."
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Gubler at 435-635-9663, Ext. 4, or the police department's tip line at 435-635-7911. Anonymous tips can also be e-mailed to email@example.com
— Wendy Leonard
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 70
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11