DRAPER — Polygamous sect leader Warren Jeffs has been extradited to Texas.
Utah State Prison personnel took Jeffs to the Salt Lake City International Airport early Tuesday evening. Representatives from Texas then transported him from Utah by airplane just prior to 4 p.m. The Utah Department of Corrections has received confirmation that Jeffs landed in Texas late Tuesday night, according to prison spokesman Steve Gehrke.
In Texas, Jeffs faces charges of bigamy, aggravated sexual assault and assault charges for incidents involving underage girls at the Fundamentalist LDS Church's YFZ Ranch near Eldorado. The charges stem from information gleaned from church and family records seized during a raid in April 2008.
— Dennis Romboy
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 48
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7