MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Mike Conley scored 10 of his season-high 28 points in the fourth quarter, and the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Los Angeles Lakers 98-96 on Tuesday night, sending the defending champs to their third straight loss.
It's just the second three-game skid for the Lakers since they traded with Memphis for Pau Gasol to team him up with Kobe Bryant and first since March.
The Grizzlies now have won four straight at home and four of five overall.
The Lakers had a chance to at least tie the game or win at the end. Conley lost the ball when he drove the lane and crashed into Pau Gasol. Kobe Bryant passed to Ron Artest for a 3-pointer for the win, but Rudy Gay blocked the shot as the Grizzlies held on for their second win in four games against the defending champions.
CELTICS 106, CAVALIERS 87: At Cleveland, Rajon Rondo scored a season-high 23 points with 12 assists to lead the Celtics to their fourth straight win. The Cleveland Cavaliers can now start concentrating on LeBron James' upcoming visit on Thursday.
PACERS 107, KINGS 98: At Sacramento, Calif., Danny Granger scored a season-high 37 points for the Indiana Pacers, who used a strong third quarter to secure their fourth victory in five games.
SPURS 118, WARRIORS 98: At Oakland, Calif., Tim Duncan had his first triple-double in nearly two years with 15 points, 18 rebounds and 11 assists.
KNICKS 111, NETS 100: At New York, Amare Stoudemire scored 35 points and the New York Knicks broke open a close game right after New Jersey lost point guard Devin Harris to injury, beating the Nets. Wilson Chandler added 27 points and 11 rebounds for the Knicks, who won for the seventh time in eight games and improved to 10-9, the latest in a season they've been above .500 since they were 16-15 on Jan. 4, 2005.
MAGIC 90, PISTONS 79: At Orlando, Fla., Mickael Pietrus scored 13 points, J.J. Redick had 10 points and the two reserves combined to help the Magic pull away. Rashard Lewis had 20 points, and Vince Carter added 13 in a win against a Detroit franchise that has caused Orlando headaches for years.
76ERS 88, TRAIL BLAZERS 79: At Philadelphia, Elton Brand scored 18 points while Jrue Holiday and Andres Nocioni added 11 each to help the 76ers beat the Trail Blazers.
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between BYU...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Rapid Fire: Hamson cements her legacy; Utah...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 102
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off... 21
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record... 19