SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon, the executive director of the Utah Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, has been named Michigan state budget director. Nixon's hiring was announced Monday.
Nixon, who serves as president of the National Association of State Budget Officers, has held Utah's top budget post since June 2006. Previously, he was deputy director and chief financial officer for the Utah Department of Workforce Services.
"I am honored to have served with to Gov. Gary Herbert," Nixon said. "My family and I now look forward to this new opportunity in Michigan."
Nixon earned a bachelor of science degree in business and corporate finance from BYU, and a masters of business administration degree with an emphasis in information technology from the University of Utah. He is also a certified public accountant and was named CFO of the Year in 2008 by Utah Business Magazine.
— Jasen Lee
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12