SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon, the executive director of the Utah Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, has been named Michigan state budget director. Nixon's hiring was announced Monday.
Nixon, who serves as president of the National Association of State Budget Officers, has held Utah's top budget post since June 2006. Previously, he was deputy director and chief financial officer for the Utah Department of Workforce Services.
"I am honored to have served with to Gov. Gary Herbert," Nixon said. "My family and I now look forward to this new opportunity in Michigan."
Nixon earned a bachelor of science degree in business and corporate finance from BYU, and a masters of business administration degree with an emphasis in information technology from the University of Utah. He is also a certified public accountant and was named CFO of the Year in 2008 by Utah Business Magazine.
— Jasen Lee
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8