SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon, the executive director of the Utah Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, has been named Michigan state budget director. Nixon's hiring was announced Monday.
Nixon, who serves as president of the National Association of State Budget Officers, has held Utah's top budget post since June 2006. Previously, he was deputy director and chief financial officer for the Utah Department of Workforce Services.
"I am honored to have served with to Gov. Gary Herbert," Nixon said. "My family and I now look forward to this new opportunity in Michigan."
Nixon earned a bachelor of science degree in business and corporate finance from BYU, and a masters of business administration degree with an emphasis in information technology from the University of Utah. He is also a certified public accountant and was named CFO of the Year in 2008 by Utah Business Magazine.
— Jasen Lee
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- Government regulation has become like... 29
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22