SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon, the executive director of the Utah Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, has been named Michigan state budget director. Nixon's hiring was announced Monday.
Nixon, who serves as president of the National Association of State Budget Officers, has held Utah's top budget post since June 2006. Previously, he was deputy director and chief financial officer for the Utah Department of Workforce Services.
"I am honored to have served with to Gov. Gary Herbert," Nixon said. "My family and I now look forward to this new opportunity in Michigan."
Nixon earned a bachelor of science degree in business and corporate finance from BYU, and a masters of business administration degree with an emphasis in information technology from the University of Utah. He is also a certified public accountant and was named CFO of the Year in 2008 by Utah Business Magazine.
— Jasen Lee
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17