SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon, the executive director of the Utah Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, has been named Michigan state budget director. Nixon's hiring was announced Monday.
Nixon, who serves as president of the National Association of State Budget Officers, has held Utah's top budget post since June 2006. Previously, he was deputy director and chief financial officer for the Utah Department of Workforce Services.
"I am honored to have served with to Gov. Gary Herbert," Nixon said. "My family and I now look forward to this new opportunity in Michigan."
Nixon earned a bachelor of science degree in business and corporate finance from BYU, and a masters of business administration degree with an emphasis in information technology from the University of Utah. He is also a certified public accountant and was named CFO of the Year in 2008 by Utah Business Magazine.
— Jasen Lee
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12