BALTIMORE — Joe Flacco threw two touchdown passes, and the Baltimore Ravens beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-10 Sunday for their franchise record-tying eighth straight home win.
Flacco connected with Todd Heap for a 65-yard score and hit Derrick Mason for a 10-yard touchdown during a three-minute span of the second quarter to stake Baltimore to a 17-3 halftime lead. Flacco now has 53 career TD passes, surpassing Vinny Testaverde (51) for most in Ravens history.
Flacco completed 25 of 35 passes for 289 yards and had a 76-yard touchdown throw to Ray Rice called back because of a block in the back by Anquan Boldin.
Baltimore (8-3) improved to 5-0 at home this season and remained tied atop with the AFC North with Pittsburgh. The Ravens host the Steelers next Sunday night.
Tampa Bay (7-4) still has not beaten a team with a winning record.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34