CORAL GABLES, Fla. — A person familiar with the situation says Miami offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland has accepted an offer to be the Hurricanes' interim coach.
Stoutland was taking over Sunday morning for Randy Shannon, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the university did not authorize any public comment before a 1 p.m. Sunday news conference.
Shannon was fired Saturday night by athletic director Kirby Hocutt after the Hurricanes completed a 7-5 regular season.
Miami players are not scheduled to practice again until Saturday. The Hurricanes expect to have a bowl destination, possibly the Sun Bowl, locked in by week's end.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25