CORAL GABLES, Fla. — A person familiar with the situation says Miami offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland has accepted an offer to be the Hurricanes' interim coach.
Stoutland was taking over Sunday morning for Randy Shannon, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the university did not authorize any public comment before a 1 p.m. Sunday news conference.
Shannon was fired Saturday night by athletic director Kirby Hocutt after the Hurricanes completed a 7-5 regular season.
Miami players are not scheduled to practice again until Saturday. The Hurricanes expect to have a bowl destination, possibly the Sun Bowl, locked in by week's end.
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Former South African President Nelson Mandela...
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 103
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 29
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Obama declares health care law is... 21