CORAL GABLES, Fla. — A person familiar with the situation says Miami offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland has accepted an offer to be the Hurricanes' interim coach.
Stoutland was taking over Sunday morning for Randy Shannon, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the university did not authorize any public comment before a 1 p.m. Sunday news conference.
Shannon was fired Saturday night by athletic director Kirby Hocutt after the Hurricanes completed a 7-5 regular season.
Miami players are not scheduled to practice again until Saturday. The Hurricanes expect to have a bowl destination, possibly the Sun Bowl, locked in by week's end.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 115
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 21
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21