Ravell Call, Deseret News
BYU President Cecil O. Samuelson
Prediction: Given there has been an even split in victories between BYU and Utah over the last decade, I predict this will be another BYU/Utah classic.
Comment: I'll leave predictions about the actual game score to others, but I do expect Saturday's game to continue our traditional, spirited rivalry with both teams playing hard and displaying excellent preparation. Go Cougars!
Utah President Michael Young
Prediction: Utah by 25
Comment: Since my great, great uncle Brigham founded the U. in 1850 and then founded BYU in 1875, I'm going to stick with family tradition and put the U. ahead by 25. That's three touchdowns, a field goal and an extra point — for a Nobel Prize winner.
Gov. Gary Herbert
Prediction: A spirited and competitive game.
Comment: As Governor, I have become very ecumenical — I support and respect both teams. I'm also smart enough to know better than to get in the middle of this great rivalry, which is why I'm going to Canada this weekend to watch the Grey Cup game and avoid questions like these! (Editor's note: Herbert's son-in-law, Ben Cahoon, is playing in the Grey Cup on Sunday.)
Provo Mayor John Curtis
Prediction: BYU by 3
Comment: How could anybody pick anyone but BYU? Looking forward to a good game!
Salt Lake Mayor Ralph Becker
Prediction: I am predicting a Utah victory. I think, obviously, BYU has been improving through the year so I predict, Utah 34-31.
Comment: I encourage both BYU and Utah fans to show their support constructively by helping contribute to the Utah food banks.
Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko
Comment: (Laughing) I know Utah and BYU and I'm not commenting on (the) rivalry. It's too political.
Larry EchoHawk, former BYU player, Utah law grad and current U.S. Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs
Prediction: BYU 24-20
Comment: The Cougars have momentum and a winning attitude going into the game. The confidence of Utah has been shaken in the last three games. Both teams will play hard and it will be a competitive game. I predict a Cougar victory.
Sen. Bob Bennett
Prediction: I think Utah will win. The game is at home, and that always makes a difference.
Comment: I am a lifetime member of the Utah alumni association, and I remain a loyal Ute. (Editor's note: Sen. Bennett has tickets to the game and will be going during his Thanksgiving break from the Senate.)
West Valley City Mayor Mike Winder
Prediction: Utah 21-10.
Comment: If we learned anything from the 2010 elections, it is that Utah is a RED state this year!
Utah state Republican Party Chairman Dave Hansen
Prediction: BYU 27-20
Comment: Utah makes it a trifecta — losing to three religious schools — TCU, Notre Dame and BYU
Utah state Democratic Party Chairman Wayne Holland
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi excited about...
- BYU basketball: Tyler Haws passes Russell...
- BYU report card vs. San Francisco: Cougars...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 83
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 33
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 31
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24