ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Lindsey Hughey and Byron Fulton scored 14 points apiece as Weber State defeated Alaska-Anchorage 86-54 on Thursday night in the first round of the Great Alaska Shootout.
Damian Lillard added 11 and Kyle Bullinger 10 for the Wildcats (2-2), who shot 59.3 percent (35 of 59).
Taylor Rohde scored a game-high 19 for the host Seawolves (1-3). Mario Gill added 12.
The Wildcats won the rebounding battle 35-23.
Weber State scored the first seven points, and the lead reached double figures when Kyle Tresnak's basket made it 19-8 with 9:54 left in the first half. The Wildcats pushed it to 37-23 at halftime, closing on a 6-1 run.
The Seawolves climbed within 48-39 with 14:42 to play, but Weber State ripped off 18 of the next 20 points for a 66-41 edge with 9:05 to go.
Weber State will face Arizona State in the semifinals.
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45