ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Lindsey Hughey and Byron Fulton scored 14 points apiece as Weber State defeated Alaska-Anchorage 86-54 on Thursday night in the first round of the Great Alaska Shootout.
Damian Lillard added 11 and Kyle Bullinger 10 for the Wildcats (2-2), who shot 59.3 percent (35 of 59).
Taylor Rohde scored a game-high 19 for the host Seawolves (1-3). Mario Gill added 12.
The Wildcats won the rebounding battle 35-23.
Weber State scored the first seven points, and the lead reached double figures when Kyle Tresnak's basket made it 19-8 with 9:54 left in the first half. The Wildcats pushed it to 37-23 at halftime, closing on a 6-1 run.
The Seawolves climbed within 48-39 with 14:42 to play, but Weber State ripped off 18 of the next 20 points for a 66-41 edge with 9:05 to go.
Weber State will face Arizona State in the semifinals.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25