ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Lindsey Hughey and Byron Fulton scored 14 points apiece as Weber State defeated Alaska-Anchorage 86-54 on Thursday night in the first round of the Great Alaska Shootout.
Damian Lillard added 11 and Kyle Bullinger 10 for the Wildcats (2-2), who shot 59.3 percent (35 of 59).
Taylor Rohde scored a game-high 19 for the host Seawolves (1-3). Mario Gill added 12.
The Wildcats won the rebounding battle 35-23.
Weber State scored the first seven points, and the lead reached double figures when Kyle Tresnak's basket made it 19-8 with 9:54 left in the first half. The Wildcats pushed it to 37-23 at halftime, closing on a 6-1 run.
The Seawolves climbed within 48-39 with 14:42 to play, but Weber State ripped off 18 of the next 20 points for a 66-41 edge with 9:05 to go.
Weber State will face Arizona State in the semifinals.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 92
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 44
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33