Here are some ways to share your time and talents with others, provided by the 2-1-1 Information and Referral at 3150 S. 900 West. For more information, go to www.211ut.org.
The Road Home — The Road Home is need of volunteers Dec. 22-24 to help with a radio broadcast fundraiser to help fight homelessness.
Ten Thousand Villages — Volunteers needed in store to help sell art made by different artisans from developing areas of the world. This program provides fair trade, economic opportunity and cultural education for international artists.
American Red Cross — Red Cross needs two volunteers with managerial experience for volunteer committee.
Salt Lake County Aging Services —The Healthy Aging Program is looking for volunteers who have flexible time and interest in leading workshops for people who have long term health conditions. In addition to helping people to gain self management skills, a stipend is available for leaders.
YMCA — Rediscover your youth by volunteering with the YMCA After-School Program at Redwood Elementary, from 3:15-5:30 p.m. Help with homework, clubs and play with the kids during free time. The program also serves dinner free of cost, from the Utah Food Bank, to 200 students Monday-Thursday at 4:15 p.m. and needs volunteers to help with setting up, serving and cleaning. If you are interested in volunteering, visit www.ymcautah.org.
Utah state Capitol — Be a volunteer docent at the restored Utah state Capitol. Docents will guide visitors through the historic building and educate them on the architecture, artwork and history. Volunteers give two four-hour shifts a month.
Davis County Family and Aging Services — Volunteers are needed to call and/or visit senior citizens in Davis County, do yard cleanup or snow removal and provide transportation for errands and medical appointments. Opportunities are available for large groups and individuals. For more information, call 801-451-3335.
Salt Lake American Muslim — Volunteer office assistant needed to help this essential nonprofit with refugee services and multicultural events. Volunteers must be reliable, flexible and good communicators. Skills in MS Word, the Internet and filing are very helpful.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Doug Robinson: Memo to the government: Feel...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17