Here are some ways to share your time and talents with others, provided by the 2-1-1 Information and Referral at 3150 S. 900 West. For more information, go to www.211ut.org.
The Road Home — The Road Home is need of volunteers Dec. 22-24 to help with a radio broadcast fundraiser to help fight homelessness.
Ten Thousand Villages — Volunteers needed in store to help sell art made by different artisans from developing areas of the world. This program provides fair trade, economic opportunity and cultural education for international artists.
American Red Cross — Red Cross needs two volunteers with managerial experience for volunteer committee.
Salt Lake County Aging Services —The Healthy Aging Program is looking for volunteers who have flexible time and interest in leading workshops for people who have long term health conditions. In addition to helping people to gain self management skills, a stipend is available for leaders.
YMCA — Rediscover your youth by volunteering with the YMCA After-School Program at Redwood Elementary, from 3:15-5:30 p.m. Help with homework, clubs and play with the kids during free time. The program also serves dinner free of cost, from the Utah Food Bank, to 200 students Monday-Thursday at 4:15 p.m. and needs volunteers to help with setting up, serving and cleaning. If you are interested in volunteering, visit www.ymcautah.org.
Utah state Capitol — Be a volunteer docent at the restored Utah state Capitol. Docents will guide visitors through the historic building and educate them on the architecture, artwork and history. Volunteers give two four-hour shifts a month.
Davis County Family and Aging Services — Volunteers are needed to call and/or visit senior citizens in Davis County, do yard cleanup or snow removal and provide transportation for errands and medical appointments. Opportunities are available for large groups and individuals. For more information, call 801-451-3335.
Salt Lake American Muslim — Volunteer office assistant needed to help this essential nonprofit with refugee services and multicultural events. Volunteers must be reliable, flexible and good communicators. Skills in MS Word, the Internet and filing are very helpful.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15