Watson and Fesenko joined their jumpstart Jazzmen to begin the second quarter, and that spunk-and-spark lineup which changed Monday's momentum in Jazz's favor in the Kings' crowning again did its thing.
Elson hit a jumper, Watson and Price scored on fast-break layups and suddenly the Jazz — also receiving pestering defense from these guys — were up 38-30 after scoring the first seven points of the quarter as part of a 10-0 run.
Those five combined to total 28 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists, three steals and a big ol' jolt of energy.
Utah continued to play strong, save a brief Hornets' run at the beginning of the fourth that trimmed a 16-point third quarter lead down to five. But the Jazz squashed that in a big way by going on runs of 8-2 and 11-1 while re-upping their lead to as many as 21 points.
Almost everything clicked for the Jazz. They outrebounded the Hornets 38-36, had more assists (27-13), more steals (11-7), fewer turnovers (17-11) and more blocks (3-2), including a crowd-pleasing Miles' swat of an Emeka Okafor shot that sparked a Watson layup and a deafening roar.
"It definitely was defensively and offensively the best balance that we've had," Miles said. "And the energy throughout the whole game was great."
Utah, which has today off to enjoy (but not too much) the Thanksgiving holiday, will get another chance to knock off a high-quality club when the 13-2 Los Angeles Lakers visit for a Black Friday showdown.
"Hopefully," Williams said, "we don't eat too much turkey and stuffing, and we can have the same energy we did this game."
NOTES:Raja Bell was assessed a technical foul in the first quarter. It was the 11-year veteran's second of the season and the ninth total for the Jazz personnel. ... P.A. announcer Dan Roberts was unable to attend Wednesday's game due to personal reasons. His son, Jeremy Roberts, handled the announcing duties in the place of his father, who has missed less than 10 games in three-plus decades as the in-arena voice at Jazz contests. ... Kirilenko finished with zero points on 0-for-6 shooting.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22