Watson and Fesenko joined their jumpstart Jazzmen to begin the second quarter, and that spunk-and-spark lineup which changed Monday's momentum in Jazz's favor in the Kings' crowning again did its thing.
Elson hit a jumper, Watson and Price scored on fast-break layups and suddenly the Jazz — also receiving pestering defense from these guys — were up 38-30 after scoring the first seven points of the quarter as part of a 10-0 run.
Those five combined to total 28 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists, three steals and a big ol' jolt of energy.
Utah continued to play strong, save a brief Hornets' run at the beginning of the fourth that trimmed a 16-point third quarter lead down to five. But the Jazz squashed that in a big way by going on runs of 8-2 and 11-1 while re-upping their lead to as many as 21 points.
Almost everything clicked for the Jazz. They outrebounded the Hornets 38-36, had more assists (27-13), more steals (11-7), fewer turnovers (17-11) and more blocks (3-2), including a crowd-pleasing Miles' swat of an Emeka Okafor shot that sparked a Watson layup and a deafening roar.
"It definitely was defensively and offensively the best balance that we've had," Miles said. "And the energy throughout the whole game was great."
Utah, which has today off to enjoy (but not too much) the Thanksgiving holiday, will get another chance to knock off a high-quality club when the 13-2 Los Angeles Lakers visit for a Black Friday showdown.
"Hopefully," Williams said, "we don't eat too much turkey and stuffing, and we can have the same energy we did this game."
NOTES:Raja Bell was assessed a technical foul in the first quarter. It was the 11-year veteran's second of the season and the ninth total for the Jazz personnel. ... P.A. announcer Dan Roberts was unable to attend Wednesday's game due to personal reasons. His son, Jeremy Roberts, handled the announcing duties in the place of his father, who has missed less than 10 games in three-plus decades as the in-arena voice at Jazz contests. ... Kirilenko finished with zero points on 0-for-6 shooting.
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Empey evaluates BYU's O-line; recruit Haws to...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Jazz notes: What happens when Joe Ingles...
- BYU football hires former player Jack Damuni...
- Morning links: Former BYU DB Robertson Daniel...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 42
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 42
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon... 26