BUCKS' BOGUT OUT WITH BACK SPASMS: Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut is not playing against Cleveland because of back spasms that have been bothering him for several days. Bogut's back began flaring up last weekend before a game against Oklahoma City. He played and finished with eight points and 12 rebounds in 28 minutes.
Bucks coach Scott Skiles said the 7-footer, who did not practice earlier this week, is day to day. Skiles expects him to be back for Saturday's game against Charlotte.
Bogut underwent an MRI that didn't show any damage. He's averaging 11.6 points and 10.9 rebounds for the Bucks, who have lost three in a row.
CELTICS' GUARD SUFFERS BROKEN WRIST: Boston guard Delonte West left the Celtics' game Wednesday night against the New Jersey Nets after breaking his right wrist.
West crashed to the ground after a layup with 2:48 left in the second quarter. He stayed there, grimacing in pain, until the medical staff came to help him. A few minutes later, he walked off, holding his right arm in his left, still in obvious pain.
No foul was called on Travis Outlaw, who was guarding him.
West was averaging 7.5 points in about 19 minutes per game since returning from a 10-game suspension for his guilty plea on gun charges.
MAYO REMAINS ON GRIZZLIES' BENCH: O.J. Mayo was dropped from the Memphis Grizzlies' starting lineup against Detroit on Wednesday night, the second straight game the guard has opened on the bench. After starting his first 177 games in the NBA, Mayo was held out of the starting lineup Saturday night against the Miami Heat because he was late for the team's shootaround that day.
Rookie guard Xavier Henry started in Mayo's place against Detroit.
76ERS' BRAND GIVEN ONE-GAME SUSPENSION: Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand has been suspended without pay for one game for committing a flagrant foul against Washington Wizards center JaVale McGee on Tuesday night.
NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson announced the punishment on Wednesday. Brand missed the Sixers' game against the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night.
Brand was ejected with 3:32 left in regulation for a deliberate two-handed knockdown shove on McGee after a dunk in a 116-114 overtime loss to the Wizards.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 53
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 45
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35