SALT LAKE CITY— The Church History Museum of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will welcome the Christmas season with a new exhibit and two holiday celebrations.
Holiday events planned include:
Artwork and Cr?he exhibit — The exhibit will feature Nativity and a large mural by Brian Kershisnik. Other Christmas-themed artwork will be displayed, including paintings by LDS artists Elspeth Young and Walter Rane. The exhibit will also present cr?hes (nativity sets) from around the world.
Pioneer Christmas: A Time for Celebration — This hourlong interactive program for children will illustrate a 19th century Mormon pioneer Christmas through stories, games, dance, music and a visit from Father Christmas. The program will be presented twice, on Saturday, Dec. 4, at 3 p.m. and at 7 p.m. Seating is limited, and tickets are required. Free tickets are available at www.lds.org/events.
New Year's Celebration — Special hands-on children's activities and historical presentations featuring the Living History Pioneers will be held Dec. 29-31. Celebration hours are 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the 29th-30th, and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the 31st. Guests are also invited to enjoy the "Latin American Celebration" children's exhibit while participating in the museum's holiday events.
The Church History Museum is located at 45 North West Temple Street. Hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission is free.
For more information, visit www.churchhistorymuseum.org.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24