SALT LAKE CITY— The Church History Museum of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will welcome the Christmas season with a new exhibit and two holiday celebrations.
Holiday events planned include:
Artwork and Cr?he exhibit — The exhibit will feature Nativity and a large mural by Brian Kershisnik. Other Christmas-themed artwork will be displayed, including paintings by LDS artists Elspeth Young and Walter Rane. The exhibit will also present cr?hes (nativity sets) from around the world.
Pioneer Christmas: A Time for Celebration — This hourlong interactive program for children will illustrate a 19th century Mormon pioneer Christmas through stories, games, dance, music and a visit from Father Christmas. The program will be presented twice, on Saturday, Dec. 4, at 3 p.m. and at 7 p.m. Seating is limited, and tickets are required. Free tickets are available at www.lds.org/events.
New Year's Celebration — Special hands-on children's activities and historical presentations featuring the Living History Pioneers will be held Dec. 29-31. Celebration hours are 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the 29th-30th, and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the 31st. Guests are also invited to enjoy the "Latin American Celebration" children's exhibit while participating in the museum's holiday events.
The Church History Museum is located at 45 North West Temple Street. Hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission is free.
For more information, visit www.churchhistorymuseum.org.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13