"That's what we do to teams. When we get stops and run, we're very hard to run with," Davies said.
Fredette led a balanced BYU attack with 16, Emery scored 15, Davies added 13 and Hartsock 12. The Cougars finished the game shooting 39 percent, while Mississippi Valley State hit only 25 percent of its shots. The Cougars also outrebounded the Delta Devils 57-40, and forced 25 turnovers and had 13 steals.
GAME NOTES: Cougar forward Chris Collinsworth left Tuesday's contest six minutes into the game with a sprained ankle and did not return. His status for Friday's game against South Florida will be determined after the sprain is graded today. ... The 10 points the Delta Devils scored in the first half ties a BYU record for fewest points allowed in a half ... Emery, with five steals Tuesday, has nine steals in the past two games ... BYU's next eight games are away from the Marriott Center.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 82
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 37