BLACKSBURG, Va. — Tailback Ryan Williams' encore season at Virginia Tech hasn't gone the way he hoped because of a torn left hamstring that caused him to miss 4½ games.
He appears to be a 100 percent now, or at least close to it after a 142-yard day that included an 84-yard TD run at Miami.
The timing couldn't be better for Williams and the No. 13 Hokies, who close their regular season Saturday against rival Virginia — and then play for the ACC championship.
Williams says he is as close as he will get this season to being completely over the injury. He's also hoping a big finish will help clarify his NFL draft prospects.
The Hokies (9-2, 7-0 ACC) have won nine straight, and six in a row against Virginia.
The Cavaliers (4-7, 1-6) last won at Lane Stadium in 1998.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31