BLACKSBURG, Va. — Tailback Ryan Williams' encore season at Virginia Tech hasn't gone the way he hoped because of a torn left hamstring that caused him to miss 4½ games.
He appears to be a 100 percent now, or at least close to it after a 142-yard day that included an 84-yard TD run at Miami.
The timing couldn't be better for Williams and the No. 13 Hokies, who close their regular season Saturday against rival Virginia — and then play for the ACC championship.
Williams says he is as close as he will get this season to being completely over the injury. He's also hoping a big finish will help clarify his NFL draft prospects.
The Hokies (9-2, 7-0 ACC) have won nine straight, and six in a row against Virginia.
The Cavaliers (4-7, 1-6) last won at Lane Stadium in 1998.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25