BLACKSBURG, Va. — Tailback Ryan Williams' encore season at Virginia Tech hasn't gone the way he hoped because of a torn left hamstring that caused him to miss 4½ games.
He appears to be a 100 percent now, or at least close to it after a 142-yard day that included an 84-yard TD run at Miami.
The timing couldn't be better for Williams and the No. 13 Hokies, who close their regular season Saturday against rival Virginia — and then play for the ACC championship.
Williams says he is as close as he will get this season to being completely over the injury. He's also hoping a big finish will help clarify his NFL draft prospects.
The Hokies (9-2, 7-0 ACC) have won nine straight, and six in a row against Virginia.
The Cavaliers (4-7, 1-6) last won at Lane Stadium in 1998.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20