BLACKSBURG, Va. — Tailback Ryan Williams' encore season at Virginia Tech hasn't gone the way he hoped because of a torn left hamstring that caused him to miss 4½ games.
He appears to be a 100 percent now, or at least close to it after a 142-yard day that included an 84-yard TD run at Miami.
The timing couldn't be better for Williams and the No. 13 Hokies, who close their regular season Saturday against rival Virginia — and then play for the ACC championship.
Williams says he is as close as he will get this season to being completely over the injury. He's also hoping a big finish will help clarify his NFL draft prospects.
The Hokies (9-2, 7-0 ACC) have won nine straight, and six in a row against Virginia.
The Cavaliers (4-7, 1-6) last won at Lane Stadium in 1998.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20