BLACKSBURG, Va. — Tailback Ryan Williams' encore season at Virginia Tech hasn't gone the way he hoped because of a torn left hamstring that caused him to miss 4½ games.
He appears to be a 100 percent now, or at least close to it after a 142-yard day that included an 84-yard TD run at Miami.
The timing couldn't be better for Williams and the No. 13 Hokies, who close their regular season Saturday against rival Virginia — and then play for the ACC championship.
Williams says he is as close as he will get this season to being completely over the injury. He's also hoping a big finish will help clarify his NFL draft prospects.
The Hokies (9-2, 7-0 ACC) have won nine straight, and six in a row against Virginia.
The Cavaliers (4-7, 1-6) last won at Lane Stadium in 1998.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 144
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16