LOGAN — Utah State University is closing early because of an impending blizzard.
The university announced plans to close at 2 p.m. Tuesday in advance of a winter storm expected to sweep south from Idaho.
The Utah Department of Transportation issued an advisory saying heavy snow and wind could last up to four hours.
University offices are due reopen at 9 a.m. Wednesday, although students have the day off for the Thanksgiving holiday.
In Salt Lake County, the Granite School District canceled district activities after 3 p.m. Tuesday, including sports, plays and a school board meeting.
West Valley City, the state's second-largest city, is closing its offices at 3 p.m. and canceling a council meeting scheduled for Tuesday night.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14