LOGAN — Utah State University is closing early because of an impending blizzard.
The university announced plans to close at 2 p.m. Tuesday in advance of a winter storm expected to sweep south from Idaho.
The Utah Department of Transportation issued an advisory saying heavy snow and wind could last up to four hours.
University offices are due reopen at 9 a.m. Wednesday, although students have the day off for the Thanksgiving holiday.
In Salt Lake County, the Granite School District canceled district activities after 3 p.m. Tuesday, including sports, plays and a school board meeting.
West Valley City, the state's second-largest city, is closing its offices at 3 p.m. and canceling a council meeting scheduled for Tuesday night.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17