LOGAN — Utah State University is closing early because of an impending blizzard.
The university announced plans to close at 2 p.m. Tuesday in advance of a winter storm expected to sweep south from Idaho.
The Utah Department of Transportation issued an advisory saying heavy snow and wind could last up to four hours.
University offices are due reopen at 9 a.m. Wednesday, although students have the day off for the Thanksgiving holiday.
In Salt Lake County, the Granite School District canceled district activities after 3 p.m. Tuesday, including sports, plays and a school board meeting.
West Valley City, the state's second-largest city, is closing its offices at 3 p.m. and canceling a council meeting scheduled for Tuesday night.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12