LOGAN — Utah State University is closing early because of an impending blizzard.
The university announced plans to close at 2 p.m. Tuesday in advance of a winter storm expected to sweep south from Idaho.
The Utah Department of Transportation issued an advisory saying heavy snow and wind could last up to four hours.
University offices are due reopen at 9 a.m. Wednesday, although students have the day off for the Thanksgiving holiday.
In Salt Lake County, the Granite School District canceled district activities after 3 p.m. Tuesday, including sports, plays and a school board meeting.
West Valley City, the state's second-largest city, is closing its offices at 3 p.m. and canceling a council meeting scheduled for Tuesday night.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Families protest at final prison relocation...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Utah prairie dog ruling stokes national...
- State parks of Utah: Northern region
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 54
- Families protest at final prison... 37
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 21
- Census report: Utah still last in... 21
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17