NEW YORK — Brian Boyle and Dan Girardi scored second-period goals and backup Martin Biron made 31 saves to lift the New York Rangers to a 2-1 victory over the slumping Calgary Flames on Monday night.
Calgary captain Jarome Iginla stayed hot by scoring his sixth goal in three games — and 450th in the NHL — but it wasn't enough. The Flames lost for the ninth time in 11 games (2-8-1), including 0-1-1 on their five-game Eastern swing.
Miikka Kiprusoff started for the 10th straight game and made 22 saves.
Boyle staked the Rangers to a 1-0 lead when his cross-ice pass deflected in off the stick of defenseman Brendan Mikkelson, and Girardi added a power-play goal to make it 2-1. Biron, playing for the third straight game and for the fifth time in seven games, looked sharp.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37