NEW YORK — Brian Boyle and Dan Girardi scored second-period goals and backup Martin Biron made 31 saves to lift the New York Rangers to a 2-1 victory over the slumping Calgary Flames on Monday night.
Calgary captain Jarome Iginla stayed hot by scoring his sixth goal in three games — and 450th in the NHL — but it wasn't enough. The Flames lost for the ninth time in 11 games (2-8-1), including 0-1-1 on their five-game Eastern swing.
Miikka Kiprusoff started for the 10th straight game and made 22 saves.
Boyle staked the Rangers to a 1-0 lead when his cross-ice pass deflected in off the stick of defenseman Brendan Mikkelson, and Girardi added a power-play goal to make it 2-1. Biron, playing for the third straight game and for the fifth time in seven games, looked sharp.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 35
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 9
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7