NEW YORK — Brian Boyle and Dan Girardi scored second-period goals and backup Martin Biron made 31 saves to lift the New York Rangers to a 2-1 victory over the slumping Calgary Flames on Monday night.
Calgary captain Jarome Iginla stayed hot by scoring his sixth goal in three games — and 450th in the NHL — but it wasn't enough. The Flames lost for the ninth time in 11 games (2-8-1), including 0-1-1 on their five-game Eastern swing.
Miikka Kiprusoff started for the 10th straight game and made 22 saves.
Boyle staked the Rangers to a 1-0 lead when his cross-ice pass deflected in off the stick of defenseman Brendan Mikkelson, and Girardi added a power-play goal to make it 2-1. Biron, playing for the third straight game and for the fifth time in seven games, looked sharp.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30