I just finished reading a letter by T.G. Mahas ("Copy Notre Dame," Readers' Forum, Nov. 21) about how the Ute's should copy some nice sportsmanship that Notre Dame has been doing. Here are four things that I think the University of Utah administration and fans should do in the upcoming game this Saturday against BYU and in the future at Rice-Eccles Stadium:
(1) They should cheer for the visiting team, not boo them, because, let's be frank, no one likes to be booed. It's just plain mean! Also, cheering will confuse the opposing team. It's like killing them with kindness and good sportsmanship.
(2) No one likes to have their eardrums blasted with a bunch of noise. It's really annoying.
(3) Fans should get to the game on time. If I were a football player, I don't think I would be really happy about playing if there were almost no fans there.
(4) The university should make more entrances for the people, because it would go hand in hand with my last statement and help people get in the stadium easier.
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9