I just finished reading a letter by T.G. Mahas ("Copy Notre Dame," Readers' Forum, Nov. 21) about how the Ute's should copy some nice sportsmanship that Notre Dame has been doing. Here are four things that I think the University of Utah administration and fans should do in the upcoming game this Saturday against BYU and in the future at Rice-Eccles Stadium:
(1) They should cheer for the visiting team, not boo them, because, let's be frank, no one likes to be booed. It's just plain mean! Also, cheering will confuse the opposing team. It's like killing them with kindness and good sportsmanship.
(2) No one likes to have their eardrums blasted with a bunch of noise. It's really annoying.
(3) Fans should get to the game on time. If I were a football player, I don't think I would be really happy about playing if there were almost no fans there.
(4) The university should make more entrances for the people, because it would go hand in hand with my last statement and help people get in the stadium easier.
- 10 movies that offended foreign governments
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court delivers...
- Robert Bennett: Shurtleff and Swallow are...
- My view: Amnesty towards border children is...
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should...
- About Utah: Q&A with former Kearns,...
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize...
- Letter: Society values
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 55
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 53
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 45