TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — First-year Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher could do something predecessor Bobby Bowden never did: Defeat an Urban Meyer-coached Florida team.
Florida State (8-3, 6-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) hasn't beat the Gators since 2003 on Chris Rix' last-minute 52-yard touchdown pass to P.K. Sam.
If nothing else, a win Saturday would give the 22nd-ranked Seminoles the mythical state championship and offseason bragging rights. Florida State earlier defeated Miami 45-17.
The Gators (7-4, 4-4 Southeastern Conference)would likely enjoy nothing more than capping off an otherwise disappointing season with a record seventh straight win in a series that began in 1958 only after the Florida Legislature threatened to intervene.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Rookie Rodney Hood wins award, Jazz lose...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 24
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16