TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — First-year Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher could do something predecessor Bobby Bowden never did: Defeat an Urban Meyer-coached Florida team.
Florida State (8-3, 6-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) hasn't beat the Gators since 2003 on Chris Rix' last-minute 52-yard touchdown pass to P.K. Sam.
If nothing else, a win Saturday would give the 22nd-ranked Seminoles the mythical state championship and offseason bragging rights. Florida State earlier defeated Miami 45-17.
The Gators (7-4, 4-4 Southeastern Conference)would likely enjoy nothing more than capping off an otherwise disappointing season with a record seventh straight win in a series that began in 1958 only after the Florida Legislature threatened to intervene.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45