LOS ANGELES — Most musicians would love to be featured in Rolling Stone. The performers, presenters and winners of Sunday's American Music Awards got their chance, kind of, when they partied post-show at the magazine's only namesake nightclub.
The Rolling Stone Restaurant & Lounge doesn't officially open until next year, but Kid Rock, Katy Perry, Jon Bon Jovi, Avril Lavigne, Ke$ha, Kelly Osbourne and other stars who appeared on the AMAs were among the first to celebrate inside the new two-story spot in Hollywood.
Perry cuddled with new husband Russell Brand on one of the club's many couches. John Legend commanded his own couch, where he canoodled with a girlfriend.
Kid Rock held court in the VIP room overlooking the downstairs dance floor, where waitresses swept by with short ribs, mini cheeseburgers, crab cakes and freshwater eel rolls.
The restaurant area upstairs is trimmed in black lacquer, with framed covers of Rolling Stone magazine lining the wall and also serving as overhead lights. The downstairs dance-club space is expansive, with star-shaped chandeliers, a DJ booth backed by classic album covers and a secret "speakeasy" tucked behind all the action.
Owner Aaron West says he plans to host a Grammy party at the location, too, before its grand opening to the public in February.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 14
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14