LOS ANGELES — Most musicians would love to be featured in Rolling Stone. The performers, presenters and winners of Sunday's American Music Awards got their chance, kind of, when they partied post-show at the magazine's only namesake nightclub.
The Rolling Stone Restaurant & Lounge doesn't officially open until next year, but Kid Rock, Katy Perry, Jon Bon Jovi, Avril Lavigne, Ke$ha, Kelly Osbourne and other stars who appeared on the AMAs were among the first to celebrate inside the new two-story spot in Hollywood.
Perry cuddled with new husband Russell Brand on one of the club's many couches. John Legend commanded his own couch, where he canoodled with a girlfriend.
Kid Rock held court in the VIP room overlooking the downstairs dance floor, where waitresses swept by with short ribs, mini cheeseburgers, crab cakes and freshwater eel rolls.
The restaurant area upstairs is trimmed in black lacquer, with framed covers of Rolling Stone magazine lining the wall and also serving as overhead lights. The downstairs dance-club space is expansive, with star-shaped chandeliers, a DJ booth backed by classic album covers and a secret "speakeasy" tucked behind all the action.
Owner Aaron West says he plans to host a Grammy party at the location, too, before its grand opening to the public in February.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- 24-year-old American in North Korea sentenced...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Video released showing beheading of British...
- Pa. State Police identify trooper killed in...
- Top colleges that take rich and poor kids
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Officials: No threat of Islamic State... 12
- Putin: Russia to focus on new offensive... 10