I commend those who drafted and those who signed the Utah compact. In my judgment that reflects the values on which our state was founded. I speak for the babies born to these undocumented families. They are as pure and innocent at birth as any other children born in this or any other state. They did not come to Utah knowing why or how their mothers came here. To ever separate them from their mother or father is unthinkable. Heavenly Father loves those children and I am sure he expects us to treat them with love and kindness. Thank goodness that my forbears who emigrated to America from England were not met with such hostility. This is a chance to see what kind of straw our bricks are made of. Let us do our best and the Lord will do the rest.
John Preston Creer
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee will change the tea party
- In our opinion: Nevada judge gets it right in...
- My view: Medicaid expansion forces charity
- Doug Robinson: Christmas in The Road Home...
- Letter: Climate vs. weather
- Robert Bennett: Are the rich getting richer...
- In our opinion: Matheson will be missed
- Letter: Air quality