Utah 38, San Diego State 34
Player of the game
Utah's sophomore quarterback answered his critics by throwing for 360 yards and two touchdowns in comeback win.
After Utah's Greg Bird blocked a San Diego State punt deep in Aztec territory, running back Eddie Wide lunged and put the ball across the goal line on fourth down to give the Utes the go-ahead touchdown early in the fourth quarter. It was the first time Utah led in the entire game.
By the numbers
San Diego State quarterback Ryan Lindley threw for 528 yards, including 380 in the first half, and four touchdowns. He completed 36-of-54 passes.
"It's good to get back on track and get some momentum."
Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham
When: Saturday, Nov. 27
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
TV: The mtn., CBS C Radio: 700 AM, 1160 AM
Update: BYU (6-5, 5-2 MWC) crushed hapless New Mexico 40-7 Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- Dustin Johnson wins US Open at Oakmont for...
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA Finals...
- The End: Cleveland rocks as title drought...
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 87
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA... 28
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22