Utah 38, San Diego State 34
Player of the game
Utah's sophomore quarterback answered his critics by throwing for 360 yards and two touchdowns in comeback win.
After Utah's Greg Bird blocked a San Diego State punt deep in Aztec territory, running back Eddie Wide lunged and put the ball across the goal line on fourth down to give the Utes the go-ahead touchdown early in the fourth quarter. It was the first time Utah led in the entire game.
By the numbers
San Diego State quarterback Ryan Lindley threw for 528 yards, including 380 in the first half, and four touchdowns. He completed 36-of-54 passes.
"It's good to get back on track and get some momentum."
Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham
When: Saturday, Nov. 27
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
TV: The mtn., CBS C Radio: 700 AM, 1160 AM
Update: BYU (6-5, 5-2 MWC) crushed hapless New Mexico 40-7 Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- Brad Rock: Whittingham looks the part as a...
- With Mangum 'probable,' Cougars getting Hoge...
- USC fires Steve Sarkisian 1 day after putting...
- What you may have missed: Put him in, coach,...
- Due to injuries, both BYU and Cincinnati have...
- BYU football notebook: Return of Travis...
- Morning links: Whittingham's stock is up,...
- BYU legend Steve Young talks Tanner Mangum,...
- Brad Rock: Whittingham looks the part... 76
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 45
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 40
- No. 5 Utes outlast No. 23 Cal in... 40
- Utah football: Utes moves up No. 4 in... 33
- Due to injuries, both BYU and... 32
- USC fires Steve Sarkisian 1 day after... 29
- Tanner Mangum returns from injury,... 25