Utah 38, San Diego State 34
Player of the game
Utah's sophomore quarterback answered his critics by throwing for 360 yards and two touchdowns in comeback win.
After Utah's Greg Bird blocked a San Diego State punt deep in Aztec territory, running back Eddie Wide lunged and put the ball across the goal line on fourth down to give the Utes the go-ahead touchdown early in the fourth quarter. It was the first time Utah led in the entire game.
By the numbers
San Diego State quarterback Ryan Lindley threw for 528 yards, including 380 in the first half, and four touchdowns. He completed 36-of-54 passes.
"It's good to get back on track and get some momentum."
Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham
When: Saturday, Nov. 27
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
TV: The mtn., CBS C Radio: 700 AM, 1160 AM
Update: BYU (6-5, 5-2 MWC) crushed hapless New Mexico 40-7 Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 83
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 38
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8