Utah 38, San Diego State 34
Player of the game
Utah's sophomore quarterback answered his critics by throwing for 360 yards and two touchdowns in comeback win.
After Utah's Greg Bird blocked a San Diego State punt deep in Aztec territory, running back Eddie Wide lunged and put the ball across the goal line on fourth down to give the Utes the go-ahead touchdown early in the fourth quarter. It was the first time Utah led in the entire game.
By the numbers
San Diego State quarterback Ryan Lindley threw for 528 yards, including 380 in the first half, and four touchdowns. He completed 36-of-54 passes.
"It's good to get back on track and get some momentum."
Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham
When: Saturday, Nov. 27
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
TV: The mtn., CBS C Radio: 700 AM, 1160 AM
Update: BYU (6-5, 5-2 MWC) crushed hapless New Mexico 40-7 Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 36
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 28