Utah 38, San Diego State 34
Player of the game
Utah's sophomore quarterback answered his critics by throwing for 360 yards and two touchdowns in comeback win.
After Utah's Greg Bird blocked a San Diego State punt deep in Aztec territory, running back Eddie Wide lunged and put the ball across the goal line on fourth down to give the Utes the go-ahead touchdown early in the fourth quarter. It was the first time Utah led in the entire game.
By the numbers
San Diego State quarterback Ryan Lindley threw for 528 yards, including 380 in the first half, and four touchdowns. He completed 36-of-54 passes.
"It's good to get back on track and get some momentum."
Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham
When: Saturday, Nov. 27
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
TV: The mtn., CBS C Radio: 700 AM, 1160 AM
Update: BYU (6-5, 5-2 MWC) crushed hapless New Mexico 40-7 Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 28
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 20
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8