This week's predictions:
COLORADO STATE 21, WYOMING 17: The Cowboys are the only team New Mexico has defeated, and they have given signs that they've packed it in. CSU looked horrible at home against BYU last Saturday, but their QB is the difference.
UTAH STATE 21, IDAHO 17: The Aggies have a great shot to add a victory at home and should take care of business. A pair of 4-6 teams, the Aggies are 3-2 in defending their home turf while Idaho is 1-4 on the road.
UTAH 34, SAN DIEGO STATE 31: If you tell me how many turnovers Utah will have, this pick becomes more definitive. Ranked 98th in turnover margin, Ute mistakes in the give-away game will determine this game. I'm guessing Aaron Roderick's offense and Ute special teams have had their share versus TCU and Notre Dame and fix the issue. Those were two Ute losses I picked as wins.
BYU 42, NEW MEXICO 10: The Cougars have scored 38 and 35 points in the first half in wins over UNLV and CSU. BYU hasn't had this kind of back-to-back game firepower since Brandon Doman and Luke Staley raced to 12-0 in 2001.
Last week's record: 4-2 (.823); overall season record: 56-12.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34