As a long-time reader of the editorial section, I realize the name Glenn Beck polarizes the community. Not having an opinion because I had seldom, if ever, listened to him, I decided it was time I listened to or read what he was touting. I have to say, as an independent observer, not influenced by any one side, I am surprised how many people complain about him. He seems to say, "Don't take my word for it. Here's the info. Go read for yourself."
Yet I fear too many have no interest in becoming educated, but would rather be spoon fed by the media of their choice. What is it we fear from becoming educated? Or is it merely that we refuse to invest the time needed to remain a free people? I remember what George Bernard Shaw said, "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 105
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30
- Letter: School electronic devices 26