As a long-time reader of the editorial section, I realize the name Glenn Beck polarizes the community. Not having an opinion because I had seldom, if ever, listened to him, I decided it was time I listened to or read what he was touting. I have to say, as an independent observer, not influenced by any one side, I am surprised how many people complain about him. He seems to say, "Don't take my word for it. Here's the info. Go read for yourself."
Yet I fear too many have no interest in becoming educated, but would rather be spoon fed by the media of their choice. What is it we fear from becoming educated? Or is it merely that we refuse to invest the time needed to remain a free people? I remember what George Bernard Shaw said, "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24