As a long-time reader of the editorial section, I realize the name Glenn Beck polarizes the community. Not having an opinion because I had seldom, if ever, listened to him, I decided it was time I listened to or read what he was touting. I have to say, as an independent observer, not influenced by any one side, I am surprised how many people complain about him. He seems to say, "Don't take my word for it. Here's the info. Go read for yourself."
Yet I fear too many have no interest in becoming educated, but would rather be spoon fed by the media of their choice. What is it we fear from becoming educated? Or is it merely that we refuse to invest the time needed to remain a free people? I remember what George Bernard Shaw said, "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21