STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Evan Royster is a reluctant front man for Penn State, a lead-by-example-type tailback who would rather make his statement by piling up yardage.
He's done exactly that during a four-year run in Happy Valley.
The school career rushing leader gets to play Saturday against Indiana at FedEx Field in Landover, Md., about 30 miles from where he grew up in Fairfax, Va.
Royster could have already been playing Sundays at FedEx, home of the Washington Redskins, had he decided to enter the NFL draft. Instead, he returned to Penn State for a senior season that hasn't quite lived up to his expectations.
He's still within reach of another achievement, 217 yards short of becoming the first Nittany Lion with three 1,000-yard rushing seasons.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34