BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Jordan Weirick and Ramell Taylor came off the bench in Southern Utah's two exhibition games and the season-opening loss to Cal Baptist on Monday night but both got starts on Wednesday.
Both made the most of their opportunity.
Weirick led the team with 17 points and eight rebounds while Taylor added 16 points and seven boards as the Thunderbirds evened their record at 1-1 with a 66-58 win at Cal State Bakersfield.
"We had a great team effort tonight," SUU coach Roger Reid said.
It was the Thunderbirds' first win on the road since a 74-69 triumph at North Dakota State late in the 2008-09 season.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49