BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Jordan Weirick and Ramell Taylor came off the bench in Southern Utah's two exhibition games and the season-opening loss to Cal Baptist on Monday night but both got starts on Wednesday.
Both made the most of their opportunity.
Weirick led the team with 17 points and eight rebounds while Taylor added 16 points and seven boards as the Thunderbirds evened their record at 1-1 with a 66-58 win at Cal State Bakersfield.
"We had a great team effort tonight," SUU coach Roger Reid said.
It was the Thunderbirds' first win on the road since a 74-69 triumph at North Dakota State late in the 2008-09 season.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 103
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 37
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36