Marlins, Buck agree to 3-year deal
ORLANDO, Fla. — All-Star catcher John Buck and the Florida Marlins have finalized an $18 million, three-year contract.
Buck, a former Salt Lake City resident, passed his physical Wednesday and the deal was completed, a day after the sides agreed to terms.
Black, Gardenhire named top managers
NEW YORK — Bud Black hung on to win this race. Ron Gardenhire became a first-time Manager of the Year, too, after so many near misses.
A month after his San Diego Padres were knocked out of the playoff chase on the final day, Black nudged Cincinnati's Dusty Baker by one point for the NL award Wednesday.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16