TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Guitarist Robby Krieger and keyboardist Ray Manzarek, who played with rock legend Jim Morrison in The Doors, are supporting Florida Gov. Charlie Crist's proposal to pardon Morrison for an indecent exposure conviction after a 1969 Miami concert.
Both bandmates said Wednesday that Morrison never actually pulled out his penis during the now infamous concert at the Dinner Key Auditorium.
They said he was drunk and teased the crowd but he never followed through.
They said Morrison was inspired that night by a stage group called The Living Theater, which was performing plays in which actors disrobed — but he didn't actually undo his pants.
Morrison was appealing the conviction when he was found dead in 1971 in a Paris bathtub.
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't save...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1