COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Danielle Adams had 24 points and 10 rebounds, leading the eighth-ranked Texas A&M Aggies to an easy 87-41 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Tuesday night.
Adams, last year's Big 12 conference newcomer of the year, had 20 points by halftime in the season-opener for the Aggies. It was the third double-double at Texas A&M for Adams, who transferred from Jefferson College before last season after being named junior college player of the year.
The Aggies led by 21 at halftime and outscored Arkansas-Little Rock 7-2 in the opening minutes of the second half to stretch the lead to 48-21. A 17-1 run later in the second half extended Texas A&M's lead to 69-26.
Arkansas-Little Rock (1-1) was led by Chastity Reed who had 17 points.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23