Utah Jazz: Mehmet Okur on the mend, will increase drills participation
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz came out of their 115-108 loss to Oklahoma City a bit banged up, but there is a silver lining.
Even though only nine players were available to fully participate in practice this morning because of health issues, the Jazz received good news on the injury front. Mehmet Okur (Achilles tendon) said he continues to feel "better" and planned on increasing his participation in team drills.
"I've been playing more one-on-one and running," Okur said. "Today's going to be the first time I try to do more stuff with the team. Maybe see how I'm going to feel and go from there."
Okur, however, said he still has no timetable for a return from rehabbing his surgically repaired left Achilles tendon.
Raja Bell said he'd take it easy today in hopes of giving his strained left adductor time to rest and heal to be ready for Wednesday night's home game against New Jersey. The groin muscle injury kept him out of Monday's loss to the Thunder.
Andrei Kirilenko suffered a sprained second knuckle on his left hand Monday and was not going to practice. Likewise, Kyrylo Fesenko (dizziness and headache) will also sit out the activity portion of today's practice.
Bell, Kirilenko and Fesenko are game-time decisions Wednesday against the Nets.
Coach Jerry Sloan indicated that most of the Jazz's practice session this morning would be spent in the film room. Utah hopes to improve its defense, which struggled against the high-powered Thunder, and tweak its offensive execution.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes outlast weather delay en route to 26-10...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33