Utah Jazz: Mehmet Okur on the mend, will increase drills participation
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz came out of their 115-108 loss to Oklahoma City a bit banged up, but there is a silver lining.
Even though only nine players were available to fully participate in practice this morning because of health issues, the Jazz received good news on the injury front. Mehmet Okur (Achilles tendon) said he continues to feel "better" and planned on increasing his participation in team drills.
"I've been playing more one-on-one and running," Okur said. "Today's going to be the first time I try to do more stuff with the team. Maybe see how I'm going to feel and go from there."
Okur, however, said he still has no timetable for a return from rehabbing his surgically repaired left Achilles tendon.
Raja Bell said he'd take it easy today in hopes of giving his strained left adductor time to rest and heal to be ready for Wednesday night's home game against New Jersey. The groin muscle injury kept him out of Monday's loss to the Thunder.
Andrei Kirilenko suffered a sprained second knuckle on his left hand Monday and was not going to practice. Likewise, Kyrylo Fesenko (dizziness and headache) will also sit out the activity portion of today's practice.
Bell, Kirilenko and Fesenko are game-time decisions Wednesday against the Nets.
Coach Jerry Sloan indicated that most of the Jazz's practice session this morning would be spent in the film room. Utah hopes to improve its defense, which struggled against the high-powered Thunder, and tweak its offensive execution.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 58
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 54
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51