Utah Jazz: Mehmet Okur on the mend, will increase drills participation
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz came out of their 115-108 loss to Oklahoma City a bit banged up, but there is a silver lining.
Even though only nine players were available to fully participate in practice this morning because of health issues, the Jazz received good news on the injury front. Mehmet Okur (Achilles tendon) said he continues to feel "better" and planned on increasing his participation in team drills.
"I've been playing more one-on-one and running," Okur said. "Today's going to be the first time I try to do more stuff with the team. Maybe see how I'm going to feel and go from there."
Okur, however, said he still has no timetable for a return from rehabbing his surgically repaired left Achilles tendon.
Raja Bell said he'd take it easy today in hopes of giving his strained left adductor time to rest and heal to be ready for Wednesday night's home game against New Jersey. The groin muscle injury kept him out of Monday's loss to the Thunder.
Andrei Kirilenko suffered a sprained second knuckle on his left hand Monday and was not going to practice. Likewise, Kyrylo Fesenko (dizziness and headache) will also sit out the activity portion of today's practice.
Bell, Kirilenko and Fesenko are game-time decisions Wednesday against the Nets.
Coach Jerry Sloan indicated that most of the Jazz's practice session this morning would be spent in the film room. Utah hopes to improve its defense, which struggled against the high-powered Thunder, and tweak its offensive execution.
e-mail: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 38
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 20
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7