Utah Jazz: Mehmet Okur on the mend, will increase drills participation
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz came out of their 115-108 loss to Oklahoma City a bit banged up, but there is a silver lining.
Even though only nine players were available to fully participate in practice this morning because of health issues, the Jazz received good news on the injury front. Mehmet Okur (Achilles tendon) said he continues to feel "better" and planned on increasing his participation in team drills.
"I've been playing more one-on-one and running," Okur said. "Today's going to be the first time I try to do more stuff with the team. Maybe see how I'm going to feel and go from there."
Okur, however, said he still has no timetable for a return from rehabbing his surgically repaired left Achilles tendon.
Raja Bell said he'd take it easy today in hopes of giving his strained left adductor time to rest and heal to be ready for Wednesday night's home game against New Jersey. The groin muscle injury kept him out of Monday's loss to the Thunder.
Andrei Kirilenko suffered a sprained second knuckle on his left hand Monday and was not going to practice. Likewise, Kyrylo Fesenko (dizziness and headache) will also sit out the activity portion of today's practice.
Bell, Kirilenko and Fesenko are game-time decisions Wednesday against the Nets.
Coach Jerry Sloan indicated that most of the Jazz's practice session this morning would be spent in the film room. Utah hopes to improve its defense, which struggled against the high-powered Thunder, and tweak its offensive execution.
e-mail: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in a...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Utah State Aggies lose another QB, but hold...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 114
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 19
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU-Boise State game expected to... 16