DRAPER — The Utah National Guard's "Triple Deuce" artillery unit is getting orders to deploy again.
Utah Guard Lt. Col. Hank McIntire tells KSL-TV that about 475 soldiers with the Cedar City-based 2nd Battalion 222 Field Artillery unit will be activated for duty next spring.
The unit has bases in Richfield, Cedar City, Beaver and St. George. Officials aren't saying yet where soldiers will be sent.
About 450 members of the unit returned four years ago from Iraq.
Officials say 800 Utah Air and Army National Guard members are currently deployed, mostly in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10