DRAPER — The Utah National Guard's "Triple Deuce" artillery unit is getting orders to deploy again.
Utah Guard Lt. Col. Hank McIntire tells KSL-TV that about 475 soldiers with the Cedar City-based 2nd Battalion 222 Field Artillery unit will be activated for duty next spring.
The unit has bases in Richfield, Cedar City, Beaver and St. George. Officials aren't saying yet where soldiers will be sent.
About 450 members of the unit returned four years ago from Iraq.
Officials say 800 Utah Air and Army National Guard members are currently deployed, mostly in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9