DRAPER — The Utah National Guard's "Triple Deuce" artillery unit is getting orders to deploy again.
Utah Guard Lt. Col. Hank McIntire tells KSL-TV that about 475 soldiers with the Cedar City-based 2nd Battalion 222 Field Artillery unit will be activated for duty next spring.
The unit has bases in Richfield, Cedar City, Beaver and St. George. Officials aren't saying yet where soldiers will be sent.
About 450 members of the unit returned four years ago from Iraq.
Officials say 800 Utah Air and Army National Guard members are currently deployed, mostly in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11