DRAPER — The Utah National Guard's "Triple Deuce" artillery unit is getting orders to deploy again.
Utah Guard Lt. Col. Hank McIntire tells KSL-TV that about 475 soldiers with the Cedar City-based 2nd Battalion 222 Field Artillery unit will be activated for duty next spring.
The unit has bases in Richfield, Cedar City, Beaver and St. George. Officials aren't saying yet where soldiers will be sent.
About 450 members of the unit returned four years ago from Iraq.
Officials say 800 Utah Air and Army National Guard members are currently deployed, mostly in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 53
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12