CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Carolina Panthers quarterback Jimmy Clausen sustained a concussion in Sunday's loss to Tampa Bay and his status for next week's game against Baltimore is uncertain.
Coach John Fox said Monday it's possible Clausen was hurt on Carolina's final offensive play when he was stuffed at the goal line. The Panthers were upset at what they described as the Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib diving headfirst into the pile. Steve Smith then shoved Talib and was assessed a 15-yard penalty.
Fox says they'll send the tape of that play to the NFL offices this week.
Clausen's concussion is another headache for the Panthers (1-8), who may have to turn to another rookie, sixth-round pick Tony Pike, against the Ravens. Behind him is another rookie, Armanti Edwards.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45