Trailing big, the Chiefs had no choice but to resort to the right arm of Matt Cassel, who threw for a career-high 469 yards. He hit Dwayne Bowe for two touchdowns as Bowe finished with a career-high 13 catches for 186 yards.
But Cassel was knocked around and sacked four times.
"This was a tough one to take," he said. "The Broncos came out ready to play and they really dominated us. There is not much else to say."
Apparently, Kansas City coach Todd Haley didn't have much to say to McDaniels after the game, refusing to shake his hand afterward.
In replays, McDaniels appeared confused when Haley wagged his finger in his face before storming off.
Later, Haley didn't directly answer a question about the exchange. He talked about how his players continued to play hard when the game got out of reach and "sometimes you see indicators" of where the opponent "thinks the game is."
The Broncos are finding new ways to incorporate Tebow into the offense. After scoring from 1 yard out, he later threw his first NFL pass, a 3-yard TD strike to fullback Spencer Larsen.
"We needed a win, and we were able to come together and find a win and that was big," Tebow said. "We've just got to keep that momentum and keep trying to get better every day."
- High school baseball: 5A team-by-team region...
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in the...
- BYU football: Cougars generally happy with...
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- Returned Mormon missionary chasing big league...
- BYU basketball: Prior to Gonzaga loss,...
- How will NCAA selection committee evaluate...
- Brad Rock: Arizona wipeout not a killer for Utes
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 113
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 57
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30