Trailing big, the Chiefs had no choice but to resort to the right arm of Matt Cassel, who threw for a career-high 469 yards. He hit Dwayne Bowe for two touchdowns as Bowe finished with a career-high 13 catches for 186 yards.
But Cassel was knocked around and sacked four times.
"This was a tough one to take," he said. "The Broncos came out ready to play and they really dominated us. There is not much else to say."
Apparently, Kansas City coach Todd Haley didn't have much to say to McDaniels after the game, refusing to shake his hand afterward.
In replays, McDaniels appeared confused when Haley wagged his finger in his face before storming off.
Later, Haley didn't directly answer a question about the exchange. He talked about how his players continued to play hard when the game got out of reach and "sometimes you see indicators" of where the opponent "thinks the game is."
The Broncos are finding new ways to incorporate Tebow into the offense. After scoring from 1 yard out, he later threw his first NFL pass, a 3-yard TD strike to fullback Spencer Larsen.
"We needed a win, and we were able to come together and find a win and that was big," Tebow said. "We've just got to keep that momentum and keep trying to get better every day."
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with...
- Good first impression for Utah Jazz rookie...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Graphic: What would happen if the Jazz match...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to transfer...
- Doug Robinson: NBA free agency is entirely...
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt commits...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 258
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 104
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 60
- Brad Rock: What Gordon Hayward needs to... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Robert Anae likes... 28
- 4 Utah college football players named... 28
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 25
- Fourth of July surprise! Steve Novak... 14