Trailing big, the Chiefs had no choice but to resort to the right arm of Matt Cassel, who threw for a career-high 469 yards. He hit Dwayne Bowe for two touchdowns as Bowe finished with a career-high 13 catches for 186 yards.
But Cassel was knocked around and sacked four times.
"This was a tough one to take," he said. "The Broncos came out ready to play and they really dominated us. There is not much else to say."
Apparently, Kansas City coach Todd Haley didn't have much to say to McDaniels after the game, refusing to shake his hand afterward.
In replays, McDaniels appeared confused when Haley wagged his finger in his face before storming off.
Later, Haley didn't directly answer a question about the exchange. He talked about how his players continued to play hard when the game got out of reach and "sometimes you see indicators" of where the opponent "thinks the game is."
The Broncos are finding new ways to incorporate Tebow into the offense. After scoring from 1 yard out, he later threw his first NFL pass, a 3-yard TD strike to fullback Spencer Larsen.
"We needed a win, and we were able to come together and find a win and that was big," Tebow said. "We've just got to keep that momentum and keep trying to get better every day."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34