PLAYER OF THE GAME
MANTI TE'O, Notre Dame: The hard-hitting sophomore linebacker made nine tackles with 1.5 for loss and one sack.
X factor: A blocked punt produced the game's first touchdown - off a 6-yard return by Notre Dame's Robert Blanton - late in the opening quarter to put the Irish ahead for good.
By the numbers: 11. Prior to Saturday afternoon, Notre Dame had lost 11 consecutive games to teams ranked in the Associated Press Top 25. The skid dated back to 2006.
At San Diego State
When: Saturday, 8 p.m. (MT)
Where: Qualcomm Stadium
TV: The Mtn.
Radio: 700 AM
Update: The Aztecs (7-3) dropped a 40-35 decision at No. 3 TCU on Saturday.
"Something has to be done. We have to change something and start heading in the right direction.." - Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14