PHOENIX — Steve Nash has announced that he and wife Alejandra are in the process of a divorce.
The Phoenix Suns' point guard and two-time NBA most valuable player revealed the situation in a statement Saturday, a day after the birth of the couple's son, Matteo.
He said in the statement to Life & Style Magazine that he and his wife have lived separately for several months but remain firmly committed to raising their children "in the most positive, nurturing way possible."
The couple, together for nine years and married since 2005, also has 6-year-old twin daughters, Lola and Bella.
"I want only good things for Ale going forward," Nash said. "I'm focused on ensuring that our children understand how much they're adored and loved by us as they continue to adjust to these changes. I would ask that their privacy, and ours as a family, be respected as we move forward. This will be my only statement on this."
WALL SPRAINS FOOT: Wizards point guard John Wall has left Washington's game against the Chicago Bulls with a sprained left foot. Wall's foot appeared to be bothering him during the third quarter and the Wizards announced the injury early in the fourth.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34