PHOENIX — Steve Nash has announced that he and wife Alejandra are in the process of a divorce.
The Phoenix Suns' point guard and two-time NBA most valuable player revealed the situation in a statement Saturday, a day after the birth of the couple's son, Matteo.
He said in the statement to Life & Style Magazine that he and his wife have lived separately for several months but remain firmly committed to raising their children "in the most positive, nurturing way possible."
The couple, together for nine years and married since 2005, also has 6-year-old twin daughters, Lola and Bella.
"I want only good things for Ale going forward," Nash said. "I'm focused on ensuring that our children understand how much they're adored and loved by us as they continue to adjust to these changes. I would ask that their privacy, and ours as a family, be respected as we move forward. This will be my only statement on this."
WALL SPRAINS FOOT: Wizards point guard John Wall has left Washington's game against the Chicago Bulls with a sprained left foot. Wall's foot appeared to be bothering him during the third quarter and the Wizards announced the injury early in the fourth.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 99
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 55
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33