FORT WORTH, Texas — Andy Dalton threw three touchdown passes to Jeremy Kerley as third-ranked TCU rallied from an early two-touchdown deficit, then held on for a 40-35 victory over San Diego State on Saturday.
The Horned Frogs (11-0, 7-0 Mountain West) won their 20th consecutive home game and clinched at least a share of the conference title. They kept alive their chance to reach the BCS national championship game, but it'll be interesting to see how poll voters react to the Horned Frogs' closest game of the season.
San Diego State (7-3, 4-2) led 14-0 less than 6 minutes into the game.
But TCU then scored touchdowns on five of its last six drives before halftime, including TD passes of 38, 9 and 4 yards to Kerley, for a 34-14 lead. The Aztecs didn't have a first down in that stretch, but three TDs in the final 16 minutes of the game made it close.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27