FORT WORTH, Texas — Andy Dalton threw three touchdown passes to Jeremy Kerley as third-ranked TCU rallied from an early two-touchdown deficit, then held on for a 40-35 victory over San Diego State on Saturday.
The Horned Frogs (11-0, 7-0 Mountain West) won their 20th consecutive home game and clinched at least a share of the conference title. They kept alive their chance to reach the BCS national championship game, but it'll be interesting to see how poll voters react to the Horned Frogs' closest game of the season.
San Diego State (7-3, 4-2) led 14-0 less than 6 minutes into the game.
But TCU then scored touchdowns on five of its last six drives before halftime, including TD passes of 38, 9 and 4 yards to Kerley, for a 34-14 lead. The Aztecs didn't have a first down in that stretch, but three TDs in the final 16 minutes of the game made it close.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27