FORT WORTH, Texas — Andy Dalton threw three touchdown passes to Jeremy Kerley as third-ranked TCU rallied from an early two-touchdown deficit, then held on for a 40-35 victory over San Diego State on Saturday.
The Horned Frogs (11-0, 7-0 Mountain West) won their 20th consecutive home game and clinched at least a share of the conference title. They kept alive their chance to reach the BCS national championship game, but it'll be interesting to see how poll voters react to the Horned Frogs' closest game of the season.
San Diego State (7-3, 4-2) led 14-0 less than 6 minutes into the game.
But TCU then scored touchdowns on five of its last six drives before halftime, including TD passes of 38, 9 and 4 yards to Kerley, for a 34-14 lead. The Aztecs didn't have a first down in that stretch, but three TDs in the final 16 minutes of the game made it close.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35