FORT WORTH, Texas — Andy Dalton threw three touchdown passes to Jeremy Kerley as third-ranked TCU rallied from an early two-touchdown deficit, then held on for a 40-35 victory over San Diego State on Saturday.
The Horned Frogs (11-0, 7-0 Mountain West) won their 20th consecutive home game and clinched at least a share of the conference title. They kept alive their chance to reach the BCS national championship game, but it'll be interesting to see how poll voters react to the Horned Frogs' closest game of the season.
San Diego State (7-3, 4-2) led 14-0 less than 6 minutes into the game.
But TCU then scored touchdowns on five of its last six drives before halftime, including TD passes of 38, 9 and 4 yards to Kerley, for a 34-14 lead. The Aztecs didn't have a first down in that stretch, but three TDs in the final 16 minutes of the game made it close.
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Gallup poll shows shift in views on morality...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Scouts likely to face further turmoil
- Mistake or miracle: New evidence on the...
- Affordable Care Act could bring 'skinny'...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 59
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,... 43
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- US companies challenging contraception... 19
- Gallup poll shows shift in views on... 17