OKLAHOMA CITY — Russell Westbrook scored 36 points, Kevin Durant had eight of his 34 during Oklahoma City's decisive run in the final 5 minutes, and the Thunder beat Portland 110-108 Friday night for their second win over the Trail Blazers in eight days.
Durant scored the final eight points in a 10-0 run that turned the Thunder's five-point deficit into a 105-100 lead with 1:29 to play. He hit a floater in the lane, followed by a series of three straight jumpers — then ran into flying chest bumps with his teammates when Portland called timeout.
Brandon Roy scored 24 points and got the Blazers within one point three times in the final minute, but Rudy Fernandez missed a 3-pointer from the corner with 2.9 seconds left that would've put Portland ahead.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34