MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed point guard Sundiata (sun-DEE-ah-tuh) Gaines to help replenish an injury depleted position.
Gaines was signed on Friday, just a few days after working out for the Wolves with three other point guards while they were in Sacramento.
Jonny Flynn has been out all season with a hip injury and Luke Ridnour is out with a strained left hamstring. Both hope to return to the court next week.
In the meantime, Gaines will be the primary backup to Sebastian Telfair. Gaines averaged 3.3 points in 6.8 minutes in 32 games for the Utah Jazz last season.
He went through shootaround on Friday morning and crammed to get ready for the game Friday night against the New York Knicks.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21