MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed point guard Sundiata (sun-DEE-ah-tuh) Gaines to help replenish an injury depleted position.
Gaines was signed on Friday, just a few days after working out for the Wolves with three other point guards while they were in Sacramento.
Jonny Flynn has been out all season with a hip injury and Luke Ridnour is out with a strained left hamstring. Both hope to return to the court next week.
In the meantime, Gaines will be the primary backup to Sebastian Telfair. Gaines averaged 3.3 points in 6.8 minutes in 32 games for the Utah Jazz last season.
He went through shootaround on Friday morning and crammed to get ready for the game Friday night against the New York Knicks.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22