MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed point guard Sundiata (sun-DEE-ah-tuh) Gaines to help replenish an injury depleted position.
Gaines was signed on Friday, just a few days after working out for the Wolves with three other point guards while they were in Sacramento.
Jonny Flynn has been out all season with a hip injury and Luke Ridnour is out with a strained left hamstring. Both hope to return to the court next week.
In the meantime, Gaines will be the primary backup to Sebastian Telfair. Gaines averaged 3.3 points in 6.8 minutes in 32 games for the Utah Jazz last season.
He went through shootaround on Friday morning and crammed to get ready for the game Friday night against the New York Knicks.
- Mistake or miracle: New evidence on the...
- Can't catch a break: America lags behind on...
- How colleges take from the poor, give to the...
- Delta ups ante in battle for N.Y.
- Classically trained chef opens diner in...
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- Low US energy prices make Euro leaders see green
- UDOT to install new drainage system in...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- US companies challenging contraception... 19
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 7
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook... 7