MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed point guard Sundiata (sun-DEE-ah-tuh) Gaines to help replenish an injury depleted position.
Gaines was signed on Friday, just a few days after working out for the Wolves with three other point guards while they were in Sacramento.
Jonny Flynn has been out all season with a hip injury and Luke Ridnour is out with a strained left hamstring. Both hope to return to the court next week.
In the meantime, Gaines will be the primary backup to Sebastian Telfair. Gaines averaged 3.3 points in 6.8 minutes in 32 games for the Utah Jazz last season.
He went through shootaround on Friday morning and crammed to get ready for the game Friday night against the New York Knicks.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- 'Intern Queen' to share advice on college...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3