MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed point guard Sundiata (sun-DEE-ah-tuh) Gaines to help replenish an injury depleted position.
Gaines was signed on Friday, just a few days after working out for the Wolves with three other point guards while they were in Sacramento.
Jonny Flynn has been out all season with a hip injury and Luke Ridnour is out with a strained left hamstring. Both hope to return to the court next week.
In the meantime, Gaines will be the primary backup to Sebastian Telfair. Gaines averaged 3.3 points in 6.8 minutes in 32 games for the Utah Jazz last season.
He went through shootaround on Friday morning and crammed to get ready for the game Friday night against the New York Knicks.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33