MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed point guard Sundiata (sun-DEE-ah-tuh) Gaines to help replenish an injury depleted position.
Gaines was signed on Friday, just a few days after working out for the Wolves with three other point guards while they were in Sacramento.
Jonny Flynn has been out all season with a hip injury and Luke Ridnour is out with a strained left hamstring. Both hope to return to the court next week.
In the meantime, Gaines will be the primary backup to Sebastian Telfair. Gaines averaged 3.3 points in 6.8 minutes in 32 games for the Utah Jazz last season.
He went through shootaround on Friday morning and crammed to get ready for the game Friday night against the New York Knicks.
- Obama shows his funny side while promoting...
- Deseret News National Edition seeing rapid...
- Convention hotel bill passes Utah Legislature
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan if...
- 'A treasured tradition:' KSL Radiothon...
- Feds contemplate oil, gas drilling at Ouray...
- How expensive is your ego?
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 18
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Official: Obama to push for more... 7
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan... 4
- White House promotes economic issues... 4