Chas Dodd, Rutgers: His team is 4-4 and he got his first action in the opener against Norfolk State, a 31-0 win. He is 77-of-132 for 956 yards, five touchdowns and three interceptions. His best game came in a win over UConn 27-24 when he completed 18-of-30 passes for 251 yards, two touchdowns and one pick. He has a pass efficiency rating of 127.12.
Alex Zordich, Buffalo: Has played the last four games, all losses, to Northern Illinois, Temple, Miami-Ohio and Ohio. His team is 2-7 on the season and he's completed 37-of-88 passes for 411 yards, one touchdown and five interceptions. His best game came against Miami-Ohio when he completed 16-of-33 passes for 210 yards and no touchdown passes.
Jake Heaps, BYU: Got his first start against ranked Nevada (now 8-1) in Provo and completed 24-of-45 passes for 229 yards. On the season, BYU is 4-5 and Heaps has a passing efficiency rating of 96.8. He has completed 139-of-260 passes with seven interceptions and four touchdowns. His best game came last Saturday in a win over UNLV when he completed 19-of-31 passes for 294 yards and two touchdowns. Heaps has surpassed BYU freshman records for passing attempts by 76, passing yards by 42, completions by 31, wins (3) and games started (6). All were formerly held by Matt Berry.
Pete Thomas, Colorado State: The rookie Thomas is the nation's only true freshman to start all of his team's games at quarterback this season. He got his first start against Colorado and his best game came in a 36-34 win over Idaho in which he completed 29-of-36 passes for 386 yards and three touchdowns. On the season, Thomas is 209-of-316 for 2273 yards, 10 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He has a pass efficiency rating of 130.67.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19