Williams was the master magician on this night, making the Magic scratch their heads as he pulled a variety of showy tricks out of his bag. The All-Star finished with a game-high 30 points, dished out 14 assists and pulled down five rebounds.
Williams hit a 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter that gave Utah a boost heading into the fourth, even while trailing 74-65 after 36 minutes.
The 6-3 guard began the fourth quarter with a turnover after getting called for three seconds while trying to post up on 6-1 Chris Duhon.
But about everything else in the fourth quarter was, well, magical for the All-Star.
He poured in 17 points in the quarter alone, including two clutch game-tying jumpers and the Jazz's final eight points. He also had five assists in that 12-minute dazzling display.
"Deron played a terrific game," Sloan said. "He got into a rhythm."
What really helped is that multiple Jazz players did that when it mattered most.
Al Jefferson bounced back from his two-point game in Miami to score 21 points with eight rebounds, Millsap had another solid showing with 23 points and Kirilenko chipped in with a dozen. Kyrylo Fesenko also made two pivotal inside baskets and a free throw in the fourth.
And the Jazz simply dominated down the stretch, even when the 6-11 mammoth Howard returned.
Utah scored 69 points in the second half, including a 39-point, 66.7-percent-shooting fourth quarter that wasn't quite as spectacular as Tuesday night's finish in Miami but almost.
- BYU basketball: Former Cougar basketball...
- Let's go bowling: Predicting this year's 35...
- BYU football: Kyle Van Noy accepts invitation...
- Utah Jazz: NBA taking notice of Jazz rookie...
- Commentary: For the Jazz, it's all about 2016-17
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com...
- Utah basketball: Big, loud Huntsman Center...
- Deseret News' high school football MVPs 1997-...
- BYU, Utah basketball: Fast start lifts... 153
- Utah basketball: Utes looking forward... 55
- BYU digs early hole, can't recover in... 40
- Brad Rock: Utah, BYU coaches keep it in... 36
- BYU men's basketball: UNLV's Jamal... 33
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com... 30
- Utah basketball: Ute sophomore Jordan... 29
- BYU, Utah basketball report card: Utes... 25