Williams was the master magician on this night, making the Magic scratch their heads as he pulled a variety of showy tricks out of his bag. The All-Star finished with a game-high 30 points, dished out 14 assists and pulled down five rebounds.
Williams hit a 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter that gave Utah a boost heading into the fourth, even while trailing 74-65 after 36 minutes.
The 6-3 guard began the fourth quarter with a turnover after getting called for three seconds while trying to post up on 6-1 Chris Duhon.
But about everything else in the fourth quarter was, well, magical for the All-Star.
He poured in 17 points in the quarter alone, including two clutch game-tying jumpers and the Jazz's final eight points. He also had five assists in that 12-minute dazzling display.
"Deron played a terrific game," Sloan said. "He got into a rhythm."
What really helped is that multiple Jazz players did that when it mattered most.
Al Jefferson bounced back from his two-point game in Miami to score 21 points with eight rebounds, Millsap had another solid showing with 23 points and Kirilenko chipped in with a dozen. Kyrylo Fesenko also made two pivotal inside baskets and a free throw in the fourth.
And the Jazz simply dominated down the stretch, even when the 6-11 mammoth Howard returned.
Utah scored 69 points in the second half, including a 39-point, 66.7-percent-shooting fourth quarter that wasn't quite as spectacular as Tuesday night's finish in Miami but almost.
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon overcomes...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 69
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 63
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 62
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 21
- BYU, Ute baseball: Cougars come back... 21