MIAMI — Everybody knows the Miami Heat are loaded with a talented roster that includes LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
"Playing against this team is totally different than anything you have to play against," admitted Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, whose 3-3 Jazz will get that opportunity to face the 5-2 Heat tonight at 5:30. "They have a lot of tough people to try to guard."
But respect doesn't just go one way in this match-up.
The talent-stacked Heat are quite complimentary of the Jazz, too.
"It's the most difficult team to prepare for," Miami's Dwyane Wade said after shootaround at AmericanAirlines Arena this morning.
The former MVP credited Sloan's system, with tricky-to-defend cuts and passes, for making opponents take a "mental approach" throughout the game.
"I look forward to it because it always challenges your mind as a basketball player to see how prepared and ready you can get," Wade said. "We look forward to their proposed challenges."
One of those challenges, Wade noted, is trying to contain Deron Williams, who is good to go tonight after fully participating in the Jazz's shootaround after going half-speed at practice Monday with a sore lower back and a bruised right hip.
Wade lauded Williams, his former Olympic teammate, for being "very versatile" and "very tough to cover" because he attacks, has the "visibility to make plays," draws defensive attention, stretches the floor out with his shooting ability.
e-mail: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- High school football: Riverton coach Mike...
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by poor...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 31