MIAMI — Everybody knows the Miami Heat are loaded with a talented roster that includes LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
"Playing against this team is totally different than anything you have to play against," admitted Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, whose 3-3 Jazz will get that opportunity to face the 5-2 Heat tonight at 5:30. "They have a lot of tough people to try to guard."
But respect doesn't just go one way in this match-up.
The talent-stacked Heat are quite complimentary of the Jazz, too.
"It's the most difficult team to prepare for," Miami's Dwyane Wade said after shootaround at AmericanAirlines Arena this morning.
The former MVP credited Sloan's system, with tricky-to-defend cuts and passes, for making opponents take a "mental approach" throughout the game.
"I look forward to it because it always challenges your mind as a basketball player to see how prepared and ready you can get," Wade said. "We look forward to their proposed challenges."
One of those challenges, Wade noted, is trying to contain Deron Williams, who is good to go tonight after fully participating in the Jazz's shootaround after going half-speed at practice Monday with a sore lower back and a bruised right hip.
Wade lauded Williams, his former Olympic teammate, for being "very versatile" and "very tough to cover" because he attacks, has the "visibility to make plays," draws defensive attention, stretches the floor out with his shooting ability.
e-mail: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22