SCHOLAR-ATHLETES: The Perry Homes Utah Valley University Scholar-Athletes for the months of September and October have been announced, as cross country runners Joshua McCabe and Kalina Zufelt Clegg for September and Nicole Archibald Spencer from soccer and Kayli Doxey from volleyball for October.
McCabe, a junior from Springville, Utah, was recently named the Great West Conference Male Runner of the Year after he won the GWC Cross Country Championships with a time of 23:49.06. McCabe also excels in the classroom, as he holds an overall GPA of 3.53. This Exercise Science major also put up a 3.41 GPA last semester.
Zufelt Clegg, a junior from Cottonwood Heights, Utah, has also had a successful cross country season, as she placed 21st at the GWC Cross Country Championships with a time of 18:00.96. This Exercise Science major maintains a cumulative 3.79 GPA and finished the 2010 spring semester with a near-perfect 3.94 GPA.
Archibald Spencer, a senior from Smithfield, Utah, led the Wolverines to a 6-1-1 record during the month of October, finishing with four goals and two assists. The Art & Visual Communications major has a cumulative GPA of 3.57 and last week was named the Great West Conference Offensive Player of the Year.
Doxey, a senior from Gilbert, Ariz., has been named a three-time GWC Offensive Volleyball Player of the Week this season and recently became UVU's all-time career kills leader with 1,521. Doxey was also recently named to the 2010 ESPN Academic All-District 8 Second Team, as she not only excels on the court but also in the classroom. This Exercise Science major carries a cumulative GPA of 3.85.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15