INDIANAPOLIS — Colts receiver Austin Collie is back in Indianapolis recovering from a concussion that left him motionless on the field Sunday.
Coach Jim Caldwell said Monday that doctors believed Collie was well enough Sunday night to return on the team's charter flight from Philadelphia and that he was doing better Monday morning. But the team is uncertain when Collie will return to action.
The Colts play Cincinnati next Sunday.
Under the league's new concussion rules, Collie will be given a baseline test to see how his answers match up with those he provided before the season started. Team doctors and an independent neurological consultant must both clear him before he can participate in practice or games.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45