SALT LAKE CITY — Jazz point guard Deron Williams practiced at only half-speed this morning due to a sore lower back and bruised right hip.
But Williams is expected to play when the Jazz open a four-games-in-five-nights trip on Tuesday night against LeBron James and the Miami Heat, a team spokesman said today.
The All-Star point logged a career-high 54 minutes in Utah's double-overtime victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday.
Williams scored a season-high 30 points against the Clippers, including a drive for the game-winning layup with 6.8 seconds to go.
Williams is averaging 20.2 points and 9.0 assists in six games this season for the 3-3 Jazz, who also visit Orlando on Wednesday night, Atlanta on Friday night and Charlotte on Saturday night.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18