SALT LAKE CITY — Jazz point guard Deron Williams practiced at only half-speed this morning due to a sore lower back and bruised right hip.
But Williams is expected to play when the Jazz open a four-games-in-five-nights trip on Tuesday night against LeBron James and the Miami Heat, a team spokesman said today.
The All-Star point logged a career-high 54 minutes in Utah's double-overtime victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday.
Williams scored a season-high 30 points against the Clippers, including a drive for the game-winning layup with 6.8 seconds to go.
Williams is averaging 20.2 points and 9.0 assists in six games this season for the 3-3 Jazz, who also visit Orlando on Wednesday night, Atlanta on Friday night and Charlotte on Saturday night.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25