SALT LAKE CITY — Jazz point guard Deron Williams practiced at only half-speed this morning due to a sore lower back and bruised right hip.
But Williams is expected to play when the Jazz open a four-games-in-five-nights trip on Tuesday night against LeBron James and the Miami Heat, a team spokesman said today.
The All-Star point logged a career-high 54 minutes in Utah's double-overtime victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday.
Williams scored a season-high 30 points against the Clippers, including a drive for the game-winning layup with 6.8 seconds to go.
Williams is averaging 20.2 points and 9.0 assists in six games this season for the 3-3 Jazz, who also visit Orlando on Wednesday night, Atlanta on Friday night and Charlotte on Saturday night.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19