Utah Jazz notebook: For broadcaster Craig Bolerjack, this was a weekend to remember
Miles snapped his streak by hitting his 11th shot, but he finished shooting 1-for-13 and missed all five official 3-point attempts. Even so, Miles finished the fourth quarter and played all 10 minutes of the two overtime sessions.
"Shots are going to come. Tonight's nothing that extra shots in the gym won't fix tomorrow," Miles said. "There will be nights like that. I know that. Coach knows that, but he believes in everything else I'm able to do on the floor, and that's what I try to do."
EAGER EVANS: Rookie Jeremy Evans was told by the Jazz's training staff that he could make the call whether or not to suit up Saturday. Consider it one of the quickest decisions of his life.
The 6-foot-9 rookie has been champing at the bit to return to the court after spraining his right wrist in the first half at Oklahoma City last Sunday. Since then, he's gone through ice and stimulation treatment, had two MRIs and waited patiently.
"It's pretty good," Evans said of his right wrist before tipoff. "I'm ready to go find out what I can't do. Right now, I feel like I can do just about anything."
Evans didn't play Saturday. But he was on the bench in a uniform, not behind it in dress clothes. He has now only appeared in two of the Jazz's six games, logging 17 minutes while scoring 11 points with two rebounds.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 75
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34