Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — For obvious reasons, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham wasn't pleased with Saturday's 47-7 loss to TCU at Rice-Eccles Stadium. In his postgame press conference he apologized to the fans, many of whom booed the team at times.
"They deserved better. They were there in full force and very supportive," Whittingham said. "It was loud. Everything we hoped for from the fans we got. We just didn't deliver our end of the bargain."
The second-largest crowd in stadium history (46,522) was on hand as Utah's 21-game home winning streak came to an end.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34