Jaguars (C+): Their grade should probably be lower but they are 4-4. Just an inconsistent nightmare: they beat the Colts, yet lost to the Titans by 27 and to the Eagles and Chargers each by 25.
Redskins (C+): They always compete, which is good. What's not good is coach Mike Shanahan pulling Donovan McNabb late in a game and questioning his cardiovascular endurance. How do you fix that?
Saints (C+): They've played great in two games. They've played average or lousy in the other six.
Seahawks (C+): Perhaps no other team in the league is as different at home and on the road. They've had three solid wins at home and have been blown out by the Raiders, Rams and Broncos on the road.
Bears (C): Their winning record is deceiving. They've lost three of four and have plenty of problems to fix.
Lions (C): Watch out for the Lions, especially at Ford Field. They've competed in every one of their games.
Cardinals (C): They're still trying to find consistent quarterback play. If they do, they could win the division.
Bengals (D): Carson Palmer is done. Chad Ochocinco is almost done. It's time to start over.
Chargers (D+): Their record (3-5) is unacceptable considering they're ranked No. 1 in total offense and total defense. They still have time to pull it together, but they've dug themselves a hole.
Panthers (D): Poor Steve Smith. He should be playing for a contender in his final seasons.
Broncos (D): It's stunning how far they've fallen compared to last year at this time. They're 4-12 in their last 16 games.
49ers (D-): They would probably be the league's most disappointing team if not for the Vikings and Cowboys. But as I've said with every other team in the NFC West, they're still in the division race.
Bills (D-): They try hard, which is more than you can say for the Cowboys. But trying hard isn't good enough in pro sports.
Vikings (F): Brett Favre came back for this? The Moss situation ended up as a big waste — and especially a waste of a third-round pick.
Cowboys (F-): They were close to finished before Tony Romo got hurt. Jon Kitna seals the deal.
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 167
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 70
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 58
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 47
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 43
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 30
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24