Game of the week
Chiefs at Raiders: No, really, this is the game of the week. After two straight wins, Oakland is making a move in the AFC West. Standing in the Raiders' way are the first-place Chiefs, who have won seven straight games in Oakland.
Team on the rise
Bucs: You might not be able to name five players on their team, but they're an impressive 5-2. Josh Freeman is a young QB who makes clutch plays.
Team on the decline
Bengals: They don't make the playoffs very often, so thinking they could do it two years in a row was a stretch. They're 2-5 and set to fall out of contention.
1. Patriots: Trading Randy Moss and getting a pick for him was a win-win scenario.
2. Ravens: They have something to prove after a bye and their lackluster win over Bills.
3. Colts: Looked great against Texans, but how long can they handle numerous injuries?
4. Steelers: Injuries are starting to catch up to them as well.
5. Giants: Eli Manning has to stay poised in a hostile environment today.
6. Falcons: Playing for first place in the NFC South against the Buccaneers.
7. Packers: 'D' looked like a combination of the '85 Bears and '00 Ravens last week.
8. Jets: After a lousy performance last week, they should do their talking with their play.
9. Chiefs: Almost got caught looking past hapless Bills before winning in overtime.
10. Titans: Offense is suddenly more dangerous with the addition of Moss.
CAN'T MISS: Philip Rivers vs. Texans
SLEEPER: Jason Campbell vs. Chiefs
NOT THIS WEEK: Matt Schaub vs. Chargers
FREE AGENT PICK UP: Jacob Tamme, Colts
Rising: Former Ute Sean Smith is again playing a key role for the Dolphins. After starting the season on the bench, he had an interception against the Bengals last week.
DOLPHINS (4-3) AT RAVENS (5-2)
11 a.m., Ch. 2
Miami has won six straight road games dating back to last season and could catch Baltimore napping after a bye. The Dolphins will have to score touchdowns to win. They won't.
Prediction: Ravens, 16-15
CARDINALS (3-4) AT VIKINGS (2-5)
11 a.m., Ch. 13
Wow, FOX, thanks for showing this barnburner on local TV. If the Ravens-Dolphins game isn't good, feel free to rake leaves. Do the laundry. Read a book. Plan your week ...
Prediction: Vikings, 7-6
COLTS (5-2) AT EAGLES (4-3)
2:15 p.m., Ch. 2
The Colts haven't lost to an NFC team in regular season games (6-0) since coach Jim Caldwell took over. They did lose to an NFC team in the Super Bowl, but Philly isn't super.
Prediction: Colts, 31-24
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- Baylor to fire football coach Art Briles,...
- Site, funding unresolved in Las Vegas NFL...
- Sister Act: Serena, Venus Williams both win...
- AP Source: David Fizdale accepts offer as...
- Art Briles built Baylor brash, bold, leaves...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 69
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 41
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 35
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU... 21
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 20