Philadelphia QB Michael Vick missed the last three games with a rib injury and WR DeSean Jackson missed the last game with a concussion.
Without those two explosive offensive elements, the Eagles lost to the Tennessee Titans, 37-19, in their last outing. Vick and Jackson benefited from the bye week and both will return to the lineup today. And none too soon — the Eagles can use all the firepower they can muster when they play the Indianapolis Colts.
The Eagles are 2-0 in the games Vick has started and finished.
The Buffalo Bills play in Toronto for the third consecutive season today when the Chicago Bears visit Canada for a Buffalo "home" game.
But Toronto has not been friendly turf for the Bills. They have played there five times — three times in the preseason and twice in the regular season — and have a 1-4 record.
The one victory was a 2008 exhibition triumph over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Buffalo's last two regular-season losses in Toronto were to the Dolphins (2008) and Jets (2009).
Best gets better
The New England Patriots sit atop the AFC and the entire league with a 6-1 record. The best team in the league gets a little better this week with the return of Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins.
Mankins sat out the first seven games of the season rather than sign his franchise tender paying him $3.26 million for one season.
Mankins held out hoping to negotiate a long-term deal. Not so.
His return toughens up an offense that ranks just 14th in the NFL in rushing and 19th overall.
Shawne Merriman's hoping for a fresh start in Buffalo. The Bills want to plug their porous defense. The two hope it's a perfect match.
Three days after the Bills claimed the 2005 first-round pick off waivers from the San Diego Chargers, the one-time feared pass rusher was officially introduced in Buffalo on Saturday.
Merriman was waived three weeks after he was placed on injured reserve because of a calf injury. The injury was designated as minor, meaning he was to be released once he was deemed healthy by the Chargers.
The Bills (0-7) added Merriman in a bid to improve a defense that's struggled against the run and has had difficulty generating a pass rush.
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 16
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 12
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7