Utah Jazz: Jeremy Evans will play vs. Clippers tonight
SALT LAKE CITY — Jeremy Evans was told by the Utah Jazz's training staff that he could make the call whether or not he dressed and was made available to play in tonight's game against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Consider it one of the quickest decisions of his life.
The 6-foot-9 rookie has been champing at the bit to return to the court after spraining his right wrist in the first half at Oklahoma City on Sunday night. Since then, he's gone through treatment, had two MRIs and waited patiently to get a shot to play again.
"It's pretty good," Evans said of his right wrist. "I'm ready to go find out what I can't do. Right now, I feel like I can do just about anything."
Evans has only appeared in two of the Jazz's five games, logging 17 minutes while scoring 11 points with two rebounds.
The Clippers will be without Baron Davis (knee) and Randy Foye (hamstring).
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot... 22