Utah Jazz: Jeremy Evans will play vs. Clippers tonight
SALT LAKE CITY — Jeremy Evans was told by the Utah Jazz's training staff that he could make the call whether or not he dressed and was made available to play in tonight's game against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Consider it one of the quickest decisions of his life.
The 6-foot-9 rookie has been champing at the bit to return to the court after spraining his right wrist in the first half at Oklahoma City on Sunday night. Since then, he's gone through treatment, had two MRIs and waited patiently to get a shot to play again.
"It's pretty good," Evans said of his right wrist. "I'm ready to go find out what I can't do. Right now, I feel like I can do just about anything."
Evans has only appeared in two of the Jazz's five games, logging 17 minutes while scoring 11 points with two rebounds.
The Clippers will be without Baron Davis (knee) and Randy Foye (hamstring).
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 47
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8