Utah Jazz: Jeremy Evans will play vs. Clippers tonight
SALT LAKE CITY — Jeremy Evans was told by the Utah Jazz's training staff that he could make the call whether or not he dressed and was made available to play in tonight's game against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Consider it one of the quickest decisions of his life.
The 6-foot-9 rookie has been champing at the bit to return to the court after spraining his right wrist in the first half at Oklahoma City on Sunday night. Since then, he's gone through treatment, had two MRIs and waited patiently to get a shot to play again.
"It's pretty good," Evans said of his right wrist. "I'm ready to go find out what I can't do. Right now, I feel like I can do just about anything."
Evans has only appeared in two of the Jazz's five games, logging 17 minutes while scoring 11 points with two rebounds.
The Clippers will be without Baron Davis (knee) and Randy Foye (hamstring).
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 70
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 33